Union Pacific Modelers...

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by UP SD40-2, May 14, 2007.

1. CRed

CRed Member

Here's my latest addition guys,Deano should like it....

[​IMG]

Won it on E-Bay for $111 so not too shabby,eh?I know ES44DC(?) had posted that he won one for $106,but I came pretty close to that great deal.

Chris
  2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Chris:wav:, SLAP AWESOME ENGINE!!!:up::up::up::up: and at a GREAT PRICE!!!:winki: :mrgreen: , A BLI CNW SD40-2 -WITH- QSI SOUND....OUTSTANDING!!!:eeki: :up: :mrgreen:

I have been wanting to get a UP one of these:mrgreen: , but i already have 5 UP SD40-2's, and 1 CNW patched for UP SD40-2....just cant justify getting another one:winki: :toug: . but i think you done GREAT!:up::up::up::mrgreen: -Deano
  3. CRed

CRed Member

Thanks Deano,but can you really have to many SD40-2's!?sign1I have really come to like them,so much so I'm thinking of getting rid a couple of my larger engines.I have a couple Kato BN Mid-production SD40-2's on order and I want a BLI undecorated one so I can paint and bash it to look like a DM&IR SD40-3.

Chris
  4. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Chris, well, i would like to tell you "NO, you can NEVER have enough of them" :winki: ....but....:119: . being this a "UP" thread, i didn't mention i ALSO have 2 WSOR SD40-2's:up: , and i guess if i wanted to get technical, i have 1 SP(patched for UP of coarse:toug: )SD40T-2 too:mrgreen: .

Chris, honestly, of ALL my SD40-2's, my KATO is BY FAR the BEST:thumb: . They run smooth as silk, and are VERY EASY to install sound decoders in:winki: . if you paint one as a DM&IR SD40-3 I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT!!!:up:
    :mrgreen: -Deano
  5. CRed

CRed Member

Well that makes sense Deano!I would like to see the DM&IR SD40-3 come about also,but I would need to shorten the front and rear decks and hopefully find decals for engine number 416 or 418 first.

I'll make sure to post pictures of my Kato BN SD40-2's,they look sweet!I really like the "White Face" and the fact everything is already installed is a huge plus.

Chris
  6. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Deano, you started this thread, so it’s UP to you to decide :mrgreen:: does an ex UP engine (UP 3247) count? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

4025.jpg
  7. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

KURT!!!, DID YOU FINALLY GET IT? IS THAT YOURS?:confused: :mrgreen: .
    Folks, Kurt speaks 100% THE TRUTH:up: , WSOR #4025 WAS originally a UP ENGINE:up: (like MANY of WSOR's units:winki: ).

Kurt, in THIS CASE, i WILL make an exception:up: , YES, its fine to post it!:up: . heres MINE :mrgreen: -Deano
    [​IMG]
  8. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Deano, I am glad you showed mercy for posting a non UP engine on your UP thread :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:. Yes, it’s mine, I got it today.:smile:
  9. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

THATS GREAT!!:up::up::up: GLAD you like it!:winki: :mrgreen: -Deano
  10. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

11. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Bravo Josh, Bravo

Josh:wav:, i used to try and keep up with the phases of different engines, but with the 5000 projects on my list of things to do, i just don't have the time to do it:frowns: .

i clicked on BOTH the links you have posted, and all i can say to you is, :bravo: , REALLY, i am IMPRESSED!:up: I know that took TONS of work to do:winki: , and i cant tell you how AWESOME i think it is that you are that into UP to get that prototypical:thumb: :mrgreen: . VERY WELL DONE! Josh:thumb: .

now about changing your avatar....:eeki: :toug: (oh come on folks:roller: , i was just kidding:winki: :119: )

:deano: -Deano
  12. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Here ya go Deano, my UPFE 60' Mechanical Reefer has finally been weathered :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Left Side

[​IMG]

Right Side

[​IMG]

Roof
  13. TruckLover

Did a lotta weathering today, here is some pics of my CNW boxcars.

Does D&RGW and GBW Count to? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S. Dont mind tha cruddy Rapido Couplers, those are soon to be re-placed with knuckle couplers :thumb: :mrgreen:

CNW 50' Boxcar #162322

[​IMG]

Left Side

[​IMG]

Right Side

[​IMG]

Tha Roof

CNW 50' Boxcar #33045

[​IMG]

Left Side

[​IMG]

Right Side

D&RGW 50' Boxcar #50638

[​IMG]

Left Side

[​IMG]

Right Side

[​IMG]

Roof

GBW 50' Boxcar #22006

[​IMG]

Left Side

[​IMG]

Right Side

[​IMG]

Roof

GBW 50' Boxcar #22006 (again lol)

[​IMG]

Left Side

[​IMG]

Right Side
  14. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Josh, GREAT JOB ON ALL OF THEM!!!:bravo:

MY favorite is the First CNW boxcar you posted:thumb: . the weathering is FANTASTIC:thumb: , and i just gotta know who makes it?, I GOTTA HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!:mrgreen: BTW, the CNW, and Rio Grande DO COUNT:thumb: , the GBW DOES NOT:eeki: ....but since i like GBW, i'll let it slide THIS time:winki::toug: . THANKS! :deano: -Deano
  15. TruckLover

Thanks Deano for the compliments!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All those Boxcars are N scale in my last post and that Brown CNW Boxcar #162322 is made by Micro-Trains. That is an AWESOME car!!! :thumb: :mrgreen:

I membered that you liked GBW so... I was hoping that you would let them slide lol
  16. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

its N SCALE!...ARRGGHHH!!!:madd::madd::madd::madd: dog gone it Josh, and here i had my hopes up:frowns: :p . Still, NICE JOB JOSH!:thumb:
    :deano:-Deano
  17. TruckLover

AAHAHAHAHAH, sorry to get your hopes up Deano. You mean you couldn't tell from the pics that they were N scale? :mrgreen: These are my first weatherings in N scale lol.

Say, you were in N scale a few years back rite?
  18. wickman

wickman Member

They look real good, were the pics taken with flash turned on or is that natural errrrrrrr in door lighting?:mrgreen:
  19. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Neat stuff trucklover!! :D :D

sign1 sign1 i used to be in "N" Scale.. Now I'm modeling in 1:20.3 G actually "F" :)
  20. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I'm going to "bet" natural - no flash...... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: