Uhu02's Fantastic Voyage

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Gixergs, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Thank you Uhu02 for the help with the dome and for all your fantastic models each one is a perfect piece of art.

Attached Files:

2. ekuth

ekuth Guest

So I'm guessing the top lifts off to reveal the interior, or no? :confused:
  3. Gixergs

I guess you can leave it to lift off or stick it together but as I said before I can't get the page to translate, pretty cool either way.
  4. Red

Red Member

from what i got the answer is yes the top can be lifted off pretty cool
  5. uhu02

uhu02 Active Member

can be lifted off or not can be lifted off …that is the question
    …I'm wondering ...
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  6. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Yes, is the model designed so that you can take off the top (the whole model, not just the bubble) to see the inside?
  7. Gixergs

More detail going on

Attached Files:

8. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

You can even open the hatch? OMG:eek: Can't wait!!!!:thumb:
  9. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

Konishiwa Uhu-san,

I also appreciate fresh sushis, but it is not really a problem if you can not yet make them. For them, just a phone call or some internet clicks and ths sushi-man is ringing at the door, or (far better) an happy time in those sushi restaurants where we can see (as said Ekuth) the Chief making them, wich is half the pleasure...

No problem, because you have a real Gods' Gift, you are making fantastic accurate models!!! And that time, I and the others fans have a double happyness and honour:first to follow you in the creation of the model, and second in a short time the pleasure to buil it, with even more respect as I have seen your skillness and your celerity.

It's quite my other dream, looking at a Master Katana Creator at work, so I will be even more respectfull with this sword.

Domo aligato gosaimazu Sensei for all what you give or share with us.
  10. Gixergs

I have to interrupt this thread with an alarming announcement for the paper modellers of the UK.Uhu02 has once again become victim of pirates,this time in the UK selling his work for their own personal gains.Uhu02 has announced on his site that due to this he is now considering denying access to the UK.The loss of such great art to the modelling community in the UK would be immense and greatly felt and I sincerely hope that a solution can be found whereby Uhu02 can protect his work and still allow the genuine modellers of the UK access to his art but for what my humble opinion is worth I am in complete support of Uhu02 and any action he feels he needs to take.I am sorry that the greed of a few might ruin things for the majority.As of writing this Uhu02 has not taken this action and it is my fervent hope that this need not be done.
    I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks to Uhu02 for the gift of his art that he has given the UK and express my regrets that his generosity has been abused in such a way whatever the outcome of the situation Uhu02 you have my thanks,respect and total admiration.
  11. Gixergs

I have received a message from Uhu02 in which he says that he will not deny access to the UK for which I am very grateful and wish to offer my thanks for and so in celebration of this great news here are some pictures of more details being added.

Attached Files:

12. ekuth

ekuth Guest

I am extremely distressed to hear of the piracy. Does he have any idea of the IP addresses involved?

If he can trace that, then I'll see if there are any matches on this end... :curse:

That said, I'm glad he decided not to block UK.
  13. Gixergs

This is the advert and the link to it on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3D-PAPER-ART-...temQQimsxq20091128?IMSfp=TL091128206001r28106 several other peoples models as well.They have if you look at the advert even mentioned that they're CD is copy righted.I ask that we please do not turn the thread into a heated argument over piracy showing support for Uhu02 and the other artists whose work is being abused is one thing but given the strong feelings this subject raises and the scope for misunderstanding through translator software I feel that it is best to stick to the model side of things here and if so desired another thread started on the subject of piracy.

Attached Files:

14. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Agreed, let's keep the discussion on track. Just let UHU know that if there's anything we can do to help, holler. :thumb:
  15. Red

Red Member

Sorry to here this.
    UHU would have had Disney's permission to use the copy righted material (so he could give it away on his site ) and I don't think those thieves got the permission to use it let alone sell it :curse:
    So if the copy right department that he got permission from is notified they might take matters in hand themselves
    I love the high quality work that UHU02 dose and I hope that he dos not get discouraged and stops sharing.
    it would be a horrible loss.
    Don't let the thieves win UHU02
  16. Gixergs

Airdave has posted this on papermodelers.com regarding the pirate CD....
    just a follow up...
    in addition to my report to eBay
    I also sent a message to "the_houseshop" (sue and dave)

in that message, I copied and pasted some quotes directly from Canon's website
    (their legal paragraphs regarding copyright and reproduction)

I also added that the info regarding their items for sale has been forwarded to Canon and ebay.

I got this reply this morning:

Hi there, we do not intentionally sell copyrighted
    material. The item you mention was bought from
    another auction site for use by our children and
    guide units. There was no mention on the discs
    about copyright being held. This is why they where
    listed. Goods have now been removed and originals
    destroyed.

- the_houseshop

My thanks to Airdave and others that have tried to resolve this.I am not a designer nor am I likely to be and so rely on the kindness and talent of artists such as Uhu02 and Julescrafter I am glad that they are giving their work to a community that values it enough to defend it.

My thanks also to the community for keeping the thread civil and not reducing it to a bar room brawl about piracy.
  17. Gixergs

And now a return to normal service,there can't be much more to go on the sub now and what a beauty she is.

Attached Files:

18. Gixergs

Well I think she must be done now and what a stunning beast she is.

Attached Files:

19. RogSalMir

RogSalMir New Member

Uhu02,

Congratulations on the model built. It was a brilliant idea of using the vertical stabilizer to fix the hull top so that removal of this piece to separate the top and view the entire interior of the submarine.
    When the pages containing the mounting hardware will be released or marketed for sale?
  20. Gixergs

HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS Uhu02-a-Claus has put the Proteus for downloading.A BIG THANK YOU TO UHU02 FOR HIS GENEROUS GIFT. Now go my children and fill your Christmas stockings and of course A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US ONE AND ALL!!:wave:

Attached Files: