Type VII German U-Boat - Looking for

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
I checked out the site. Is that a type VII boat the builder is working on? I tried the links BUT was unable to find a vendor URL for the model. HELP!

Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
Try www.lighthousemodelart.com or www.hobbyfactory.com. Possibly even www.papermodels.net (look in the "specials" section). JSC also has some kits that include Type VII Uboats, but they are 1:400 waterline models, which may be a bit small for your tastes. As a last resort, keep a close check on Ebay.....never can tell what might crop up there.

As a postscript....I just checked, and both lighthouse modelart and PMI have the Flymodel kit in stock....and you get both a type VIIC and a type IX model in one low-cost kit. What a bargain.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Rich

Glad to see you got what you wanted, problem is you know your going to have to do a thread with this now :lol:

It would err no, it will be great to see one of these done. I've only done one and it looked like a destroyer had chucked everything it had at it :lol:

Thinking of myself I would love to see this done

Regards

Rob

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Feb 7, 2004
Mississippi, USA
I'm going to order it soon! I would be happy to do a thread on the type VII U-Boat as I build it. I'm working on a plastic R/C type VII U-Boat model right now which will be over five foot long when completed. :)