Two more Marek re-paints by Sergey

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
To chime in and harmonize, all the above and I'd like to point out that almost all the other manufactures of printed kits DO NOT have finished pictures of their kits. Modelik, Halinski, (although sometimes they have the beta builds posted somewhere than the finished kit on their website, but much later than the release), Answer and WAK, Orlik,Fly models to name a few have only the cover artwork. I think GPMs latest kits do have the builds on the covers. I guess the rambling message is 2 fold, The guys that DeWayne distributes for are top notch designers, I think I usually get any releases from him sight unseen. Part of it is supporting the craft, and I think of the other part of it is as a collector and purveyor of fine art. Without even building the kits there is a workmanship in the designs, both aesthetically and from admiration of the engineering put into the kits. And all this for under 5.00 with instant gratification of getting your purchase same day!

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
To chime in and harmonize, all the above and I'd like to point out that almost all the other manufactures of printed kits DO NOT have finished pictures of their kits. Modelik, Halinski, (although sometimes they have the beta builds posted somewhere than the finished kit on their website, but much later than the release), Answer and WAK, Orlik,Fly models to name a few have only the cover artwork. I think GPMs latest kits do have the builds on the covers. I guess the rambling message is 2 fold, The guys that DeWayne distributes for are top notch designers, I think I usually get any releases from him sight unseen. Part of it is supporting the craft, and I think of the other part of it is as a collector and purveyor of fine art. Without even building the kits there is a workmanship in the designs, both aesthetically and from admiration of the engineering put into the kits. And all this for under 5.00 with instant gratification of getting your purchase same day!

Alcides

Jul 8, 2005
Buenos Aires - Argentina
Bowdenja said:
Ok.......... PLEASE NOTE * * * * * THIS IS MY OPINION * * * * *

Please , Could you don't be aggressive. Because I don't know if you know but you are shouting me. Put something in uppercase in a forum is shout. I don't like people who shout.

Bowdenja said:
You are talking about models that are less than 6.00 USD. AND in the case of the latest copter thing less than 3 bucks.

This is "your case" because I live in Argentina and the exchange rate is 1 u$s for every 3.13 argentinian pesos. So if a model cost 2.75 I'm paying $8.61 for the model.

Bowdenja said:
I will say this one more time and please, PLEASE, listen.

THIS HOBBY WILL DIE IF WE DO NOT SUPPORT SELLERS AND DESIGNERS!

AND that means buying models!

Even the exchange rate isn't good to me and I not have time ( you can see this in my slow progress in stubo thread ) I buy models every month.
and I'm specially support the downloable models because I prefer to pay to Dwayne $ 9 for a model and not to pay the shippemt charges for the printed models.

Bowdenja said:
The models that are offered for a price are WELL WORTH the price asked for, and can be made into really great models or not. It depends on the builder.

I don't have any doubt about that.

Bowdenja said:
Stating that you did or did not buy a model based on whether or not a picture exist, is a little lame because if he was a crook who's to say it would be a picture of this model anyway. NO DEWAYNES IS NOT A CROOK, so don't even go there!

I never say that. This this outside discussion. I don't understand why are you writing this here.

Bowdenja said:
ALL of the models that are hosted on sites listed here are fantastic and would make great models. AND DANG WELL WORTH the small prices asked.

I agree.

Bowdenja said:
I might just be different, and if I am I appologize, but I buy a model for the subject, Because it is something that I want to build, not whether a picture is there or not.

I'm too buy a model because I want to buil it but sometimes If I can see a picture I buy another model. For example I wanted to buy the last offer from Kancho. I went to the hobbyfactory and When I see some models pictures from the leypa studios I bought one more model.

by the way, All over the forum you can here people complaning why we don't get more cardmodelers. Well, I tell to a friend about the hobby, He wen't to several sites and he tells me: I prefer kanchos models de pictures are great. He doesn't know about the hobby , but we need more marketing here and I'm triyng to help one of my favorite providers maybe to sell more.

Regards
Alcides

I'll shut up now.

john[/quote]

Alcides

Jul 8, 2005
Buenos Aires - Argentina
Bowdenja said:
Ok.......... PLEASE NOTE * * * * * THIS IS MY OPINION * * * * *

Please , Could you don't be aggressive. Because I don't know if you know but you are shouting me. Put something in uppercase in a forum is shout. I don't like people who shout.

Bowdenja said:
You are talking about models that are less than 6.00 USD. AND in the case of the latest copter thing less than 3 bucks.

This is "your case" because I live in Argentina and the exchange rate is 1 u$s for every 3.13 argentinian pesos. So if a model cost 2.75 I'm paying $8.61 for the model.

Bowdenja said:
I will say this one more time and please, PLEASE, listen.

THIS HOBBY WILL DIE IF WE DO NOT SUPPORT SELLERS AND DESIGNERS!

AND that means buying models!

Even the exchange rate isn't good to me and I not have time ( you can see this in my slow progress in stubo thread ) I buy models every month.
and I'm specially support the downloable models because I prefer to pay to Dwayne $ 9 for a model and not to pay the shippemt charges for the printed models.

Bowdenja said:
The models that are offered for a price are WELL WORTH the price asked for, and can be made into really great models or not. It depends on the builder.

I don't have any doubt about that.

Bowdenja said:
Stating that you did or did not buy a model based on whether or not a picture exist, is a little lame because if he was a crook who's to say it would be a picture of this model anyway. NO DEWAYNES IS NOT A CROOK, so don't even go there!

I never say that. This this outside discussion. I don't understand why are you writing this here.

Bowdenja said:
ALL of the models that are hosted on sites listed here are fantastic and would make great models. AND DANG WELL WORTH the small prices asked.

I agree.

Bowdenja said:
I might just be different, and if I am I appologize, but I buy a model for the subject, Because it is something that I want to build, not whether a picture is there or not.

I'm too buy a model because I want to buil it but sometimes If I can see a picture I buy another model. For example I wanted to buy the last offer from Kancho. I went to the hobbyfactory and When I see some models pictures from the leypa studios I bought one more model.

by the way, All over the forum you can here people complaning why we don't get more cardmodelers. Well, I tell to a friend about the hobby, He wen't to several sites and he tells me: I prefer kanchos models de pictures are great. He doesn't know about the hobby , but we need more marketing here and I'm triyng to help one of my favorite providers maybe to sell more.

Regards
Alcides

I'll shut up now.

john[/quote]

Aug 26, 2006
cmdrted said:
To chime in and harmonize, all the above and I'd like to point out that almost all the other manufactures of printed kits DO NOT have finished pictures of their kits. Modelik, Halinski, (although sometimes they have the beta builds posted somewhere than the finished kit on their website,

One can see how Halinski and Modelik kits build ANYWHERE. You can find small photos of their print pages on the German sites. But you're right...they're remiss in this as well. Let's hope that "everybody does it" isn't sufficient cause to say it's the best way to do things.

uilds on the covers. I guess the rambling message is 2 fold, The guys that DeWayne distributes for are top notch designers, I think I usually get any releases from him sight unseen. Part of it is supporting the craft, and I think

Cadillac and Ferrari make nice cars too but they provide people with stuff to look at when they want to sell them.

Nobody has suggested that DeWayne is selling inferior product. I've bought more Marek kits than any other kind for heaven's sake. But if one cares for DeWayne and his business, suggesting that improvements in his web presentation would help him sell more kits are not off base and don't fly in the face of any of the high-minded sentiments that you've expressed.

Cheers --- Larry

Aug 26, 2006
cmdrted said:
To chime in and harmonize, all the above and I'd like to point out that almost all the other manufactures of printed kits DO NOT have finished pictures of their kits. Modelik, Halinski, (although sometimes they have the beta builds posted somewhere than the finished kit on their website,

One can see how Halinski and Modelik kits build ANYWHERE. You can find small photos of their print pages on the German sites. But you're right...they're remiss in this as well. Let's hope that "everybody does it" isn't sufficient cause to say it's the best way to do things.

uilds on the covers. I guess the rambling message is 2 fold, The guys that DeWayne distributes for are top notch designers, I think I usually get any releases from him sight unseen. Part of it is supporting the craft, and I think

Cadillac and Ferrari make nice cars too but they provide people with stuff to look at when they want to sell them.

Nobody has suggested that DeWayne is selling inferior product. I've bought more Marek kits than any other kind for heaven's sake. But if one cares for DeWayne and his business, suggesting that improvements in his web presentation would help him sell more kits are not off base and don't fly in the face of any of the high-minded sentiments that you've expressed.

Cheers --- Larry

Aug 26, 2006
Bowdenja said:
DeWayne has said he wants to offer pictures, but right now cannot, it could be bandwidth, it could be health, it could be a lot of things, but come on guys cut some slack on this.

I have to respond to this, John. Maybe you're just having a bad day. Don't know...don't care. Some people here made some well-meaning suggestions about DeWayne's website. For you to start suggesting that anyone needs to 'cut some slack' takes those suggestions WAY beyond anything intended. To start throwing around words like "crook" exaggerates things to the point of creating a straw man that might justify the screaming and hollering tone of your font choices.

You know that. I know that the Marek kits are worth the price. But if you want this hobby to grow, vendors are going to have to talk to people who don't know anything about the quality. Marketing isn't about demonstrating you're not a crook. It's about showing people what a great product you're selling and to tempt them into buying it. All the suggestions made have to do with THAT and has nothing to do with your opinion about price and quality.

Larry

ps - this thread started as a couple suggestions, and offers of help, from well-meaning modelers. It has become one of people out of control, making themselves feel good by defending their buddy, as though he needed any defense. I will no longer take part in it.

DeWayne, my offer still stands. If you want some web help, contact me offline.

Aug 26, 2006
Bowdenja said:
DeWayne has said he wants to offer pictures, but right now cannot, it could be bandwidth, it could be health, it could be a lot of things, but come on guys cut some slack on this.

I have to respond to this, John. Maybe you're just having a bad day. Don't know...don't care. Some people here made some well-meaning suggestions about DeWayne's website. For you to start suggesting that anyone needs to 'cut some slack' takes those suggestions WAY beyond anything intended. To start throwing around words like "crook" exaggerates things to the point of creating a straw man that might justify the screaming and hollering tone of your font choices.

You know that. I know that the Marek kits are worth the price. But if you want this hobby to grow, vendors are going to have to talk to people who don't know anything about the quality. Marketing isn't about demonstrating you're not a crook. It's about showing people what a great product you're selling and to tempt them into buying it. All the suggestions made have to do with THAT and has nothing to do with your opinion about price and quality.

Larry

ps - this thread started as a couple suggestions, and offers of help, from well-meaning modelers. It has become one of people out of control, making themselves feel good by defending their buddy, as though he needed any defense. I will no longer take part in it.

DeWayne, my offer still stands. If you want some web help, contact me offline.

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
Guys, please... Let's not get too worked up over my lack of built model photos. It comes down to the fact I'm an idiot working with HTML and have yet to work up a decent looking page in which I can put together a gallery. Health has a little to do with it but that's not the over riding problem. HTML in my hands could potentially be considered a lethal weapon. I'm slow with it and tend to sling a lot to achieve a small result.

Larry, If you used the picture references I have (referring to the WWI page) then just sent the html code and let me have a look-see.

Luis, email me and explain the exchange rate down there. Again, I'm just a little slow in seeing the overall economic picture.

As I raise my arms upward and outward with the victory signal ("V") formed on both hands you hear me mutter..."I am not a crook"*.

DeWayne

*Richard M. Nixon

DeWayne

Jan 18, 2004
Kentucky, USA
www.teuton.org
Guys, please... Let's not get too worked up over my lack of built model photos. It comes down to the fact I'm an idiot working with HTML and have yet to work up a decent looking page in which I can put together a gallery. Health has a little to do with it but that's not the over riding problem. HTML in my hands could potentially be considered a lethal weapon. I'm slow with it and tend to sling a lot to achieve a small result.

Larry, If you used the picture references I have (referring to the WWI page) then just sent the html code and let me have a look-see.

Luis, email me and explain the exchange rate down there. Again, I'm just a little slow in seeing the overall economic picture.

As I raise my arms upward and outward with the victory signal ("V") formed on both hands you hear me mutter..."I am not a crook"*.

DeWayne

*Richard M. Nixon

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
OK............. I appologize............. I would make it big but I don't want to shout at anybody.

I made it big in the first place to make a point that this was my opinion and nobody else's, and that I represent me, myself and I.

After posting I started to think about exchange rates, thought about prices, some folks not here in the States............. but come on guys. This hobby cost way WAY less than any other hobby out there except for maybe sleeping.

No I wasn't suggesting that anybody was calling anybody names, or that any one was a crook, but I WAS saying that basing on whether or not to spend money on a model because there was or was not a picture posted is not a very good idea. Unfortunately with the Internet a picture still says a thousand words but most of them are lies and untruths. Use a little common sense, if anybody is selling or designing stuff that is not good, you will hear about it and they will not be doing it for long. Somebody will be complaining.

Offers to help are fantastic and I thank all who have offered help and suggestions, and constructive criticism.

No I did not have a bad day, turned out rather nice in the end.
No I will not back down on this. We as a whole have to stop griping about things or we will make people give this up and quit. It's as simple as that.

If you are afraid of buying a model as soon as it comes out wait, somebody will, they will build it and they will talk about it and then you can make a very informed decision on whether or not to buy.

Don't bet on me to do it because, 1. I do not build as good as y'all, and 2. see number one. It's as simple as that.

Look all I am saying is Support these guys, designers and sellers. Don't continually gripe about prices, and whether or not they have pictures of actual models on their site, and such.

Most of these guys are doing this in spare time between working to support their family, enjoying their family, and heck no one is going to get rich designing, selling or building paper models. That is a fact, believe it or not.

OK to recap......... I apologize for shouting, I apologize if anyone thinks I was singling them out or calling folks names.

I DO NOT apologize for saying that there are too many people griping about prices and no pictures on a site. That is what I have been seeing allot of lately, and that is the way I feel. You will just have to get over it.

So........ now that everyone has an idea of what I don't like, I will not be saying anything more on this subject.

Goodnight..........and Good Luck.

John

Oh........ and the all caps-words are not meant to be shouting, I just wanted to make sure everyone understood how I feel.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
OK............. I appologize............. I would make it big but I don't want to shout at anybody.

I made it big in the first place to make a point that this was my opinion and nobody else's, and that I represent me, myself and I.

After posting I started to think about exchange rates, thought about prices, some folks not here in the States............. but come on guys. This hobby cost way WAY less than any other hobby out there except for maybe sleeping.

No I wasn't suggesting that anybody was calling anybody names, or that any one was a crook, but I WAS saying that basing on whether or not to spend money on a model because there was or was not a picture posted is not a very good idea. Unfortunately with the Internet a picture still says a thousand words but most of them are lies and untruths. Use a little common sense, if anybody is selling or designing stuff that is not good, you will hear about it and they will not be doing it for long. Somebody will be complaining.

Offers to help are fantastic and I thank all who have offered help and suggestions, and constructive criticism.

No I did not have a bad day, turned out rather nice in the end.
No I will not back down on this. We as a whole have to stop griping about things or we will make people give this up and quit. It's as simple as that.

If you are afraid of buying a model as soon as it comes out wait, somebody will, they will build it and they will talk about it and then you can make a very informed decision on whether or not to buy.

Don't bet on me to do it because, 1. I do not build as good as y'all, and 2. see number one. It's as simple as that.

Look all I am saying is Support these guys, designers and sellers. Don't continually gripe about prices, and whether or not they have pictures of actual models on their site, and such.

Most of these guys are doing this in spare time between working to support their family, enjoying their family, and heck no one is going to get rich designing, selling or building paper models. That is a fact, believe it or not.

OK to recap......... I apologize for shouting, I apologize if anyone thinks I was singling them out or calling folks names.

I DO NOT apologize for saying that there are too many people griping about prices and no pictures on a site. That is what I have been seeing allot of lately, and that is the way I feel. You will just have to get over it.

So........ now that everyone has an idea of what I don't like, I will not be saying anything more on this subject.

Goodnight..........and Good Luck.

John

Oh........ and the all caps-words are not meant to be shouting, I just wanted to make sure everyone understood how I feel.

C

cgutzmer

We werent griping.... I dont know why it was taken as such. I am taking my assistance to Dewayne offline. I have found in my previous web design life that the opinions of many people that come together to share what they like to see in a site can be an invaluable reference. Its a fact that what one person is willing to say out loud at least 10 others just think about it and move on....
Chris

C

cgutzmer

We werent griping.... I dont know why it was taken as such. I am taking my assistance to Dewayne offline. I have found in my previous web design life that the opinions of many people that come together to share what they like to see in a site can be an invaluable reference. Its a fact that what one person is willing to say out loud at least 10 others just think about it and move on....
Chris

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
People are missing the point here big time, the reason I get frustrated is becuase in the world of paper models you can have one model that costs $6.00 and has no interior and is very bad quality and detail and you can have another one for $6.00 that has every fine detail under the sun and builds like a Tamiya. For new guys like myself this makes it very hard to choose models because very often you can't see what they will look like and how detailed they are. With a plastic kit you normally know that the larger the scale the more detailled, or the larger the price the better the kit. But its so different with paper models you can get 1/24th scale planes with hardly any detail. An example is recently I purchased a couple of Ken Uhrigs kits from Ralph and on his site he had some very small pics, they looked ok so I ordered them. When they turned up they look like they are hand drawn, and although the parts fit is ok they don't justify the almost Halinski prices, I still like them but I expected more for the money.

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
People are missing the point here big time, the reason I get frustrated is becuase in the world of paper models you can have one model that costs $6.00 and has no interior and is very bad quality and detail and you can have another one for $6.00 that has every fine detail under the sun and builds like a Tamiya. For new guys like myself this makes it very hard to choose models because very often you can't see what they will look like and how detailed they are. With a plastic kit you normally know that the larger the scale the more detailled, or the larger the price the better the kit. But its so different with paper models you can get 1/24th scale planes with hardly any detail. An example is recently I purchased a couple of Ken Uhrigs kits from Ralph and on his site he had some very small pics, they looked ok so I ordered them. When they turned up they look like they are hand drawn, and although the parts fit is ok they don't justify the almost Halinski prices, I still like them but I expected more for the money.