Trucklover's Engine Thread

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TruckLover, Jan 9, 2008.

1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Hi guys, thought it might be a cool idea to start a new thread and post various pictures of all my engines I have. Ill be posting pics of the engines that I already have and have completed as well as pics of engines that I have just gotten. Ill post updates on what I have done to each engine as I do them too, ie. painting handrails, adding details, weathering......

This should be a good way to keep all my engines I have in one spot here on the gauge without me posting a new thread everytime I get a new engine, which is becoming more often the usual now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ill start off with my new BN SD40-2 #6773

This was an older Athearn Blue Box Kit. I added the details (handrails, horn.....) and painted the handrails BN Green. This unit still needs Kadee #5 couplers installed and needs the handrails painted white by all four stairs like the prototype. Also needs to be weathered. Other then that this ones pretty much done until I start super detailing all my engines

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TruckLover

BN GP50 #3153 (finished model)

Here is my BN GP50 #3153. This one is complete. It has been weathered and detailed with horn in prototype location and has a fire cracker antenna. Extra decals added, handrails painted BN green and handrails around the steps painted white (white safety stripe steps also painted) and entire unit has been weathered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. TruckLover

Im going out to buy a camera this weekend. camera fone just isnt doing it for me. Ill have better pics to come soon :mrgreen: :thumb:
  4. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

a thread for just your engines? lol, i think you have one already. Whats the roster count up to now with your new additions?
  5. TruckLover

Do I???? All well heres a new thread hehehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I believe its up to 31 now with the 15 new engines. I doubled my roster with these :eek: :mrgreen: :twisted:
  6. stuart_canada

stuart_canada Member

iuse to think people who had more then 3 locomotives were nuts, now I am the proud CEO of the largest rental fleet in the area, 60 units
    the fleet varies from NYC hundson, to plymouth switchers, to DD 40, sd70mac, gp 30,40,50, sd 40, f units. sw units, rs3
    it gets crazy, if i put everything in yard, there is no room for anything else. i see the need for bigger layout, 2x8 yard is too small
  7. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

Yeah, i'm getting close to your 60. I think i may have just passed the 50 mark.

however, its really bad for me beause i have a 4x8 that doesn't exactly work like i'd like it to. I don't want to get rid of my current layout, but i do want to build more. I just don't know how, lol, but thats for my thread, lol.
  8. EsPeeMEC

EsPeeMEC New Member

My roster currently stands at 85, with a further 4 "leased" units that I have in my possession but haven't paid for yet.

There's a mix of Lionel, Athearn, Bachmann (Plus and Spectrum), P2K, Kato and odd-ball RTR, plus a fair amount of brass.

Steam and diesel, Mikes, Pacifics, a Mallet 2-6-6-2, U-Boats (18s and 25s), Flares (I LIKE Flares) Geeps, Cadillacs, you name it, I've probably got one in the MPD somewheresign1.

All I need now is to get the layout built........
  9. tomustang

tomustang Has Entered.

My car addiction dampens my limit on models so I only have a select few

Athearn GP-38 Conrail
    Athearn GP-9 Conrail
    Athearn GP-50 Norfolk Southern
    Athearn SW1500 Conrail
    Bachmann Bethlehem Steel Switcher
    EMD Santa Fe & Chessie

And I just threw out a Bachmann steamer since alot of the thin plastic was broke
  10. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Roster size? *No comment*

Looking good Josh! I'm getting my FIRST BN SD40-2 soon, from Chris!
  11. CRed

CRed Member

Yep,and I'll be shipping them Mon. morning!I WOULD have shipped them Fri. evening,but I missed the dang bus:rolleyes:.

Nice engine Josh!You have quite a roster now don't you?

Chris
  12. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Thats why you take the train Chris!sign1sign1sign1

Oh wait, I forgot, no trains up there since DM&N stopped them.

13. CRed

CRed Member

Yeah really!

But yeah,no passenger service hear for awhile and the NP actually handled the inter-city traffic when we had it I believe.The DM&IR did go to the Iron Range and Two Harbors from Duluth though.

Chris
  14. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Josh:wav: , I'm really looking forward to seeing your engines!:thumb::thumb::mrgreen:
    (especially those UP's!:winki::mrgreen: )
    :deano: -Deano
  15. TruckLover

hehehehe well thats when its telling you that you need a bigger layout when your engines DOMINATE your yard along :eek: sign1 :mrgreen:
  16. TruckLover

The select few are some good ones tho :thumb: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  17. TruckLover

hehehe your lucky :mrgreen:

I pretty much finished my BN SD40-2.

Wasnt Chris's BN SD40-2 a KATO?
  18. TruckLover

sign1sign1 Dam bus lmao

hehehe well not nearly enough engines as I want :rolleyes: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  19. TruckLover

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thanks Deano, I finally bought a good camera to take some pics with. Its a Samsung 7.2 MEGA pixle. Takes pretty good pics. Im updateing my module thread today with all my progress that I have made within the last few days. I also took a TON of pics from the Train Show in San Diego i went to on Sunday so ill be making a thread for all those as well :thumb: :mrgreen:

Ohh and Ill post some more pics of my UP's on Thursday :thumb: :mrgreen: Gotta go home and get them on my photo diorama :mrgreen:
  20. TruckLover

UP Dash 9 #9711

Heres one of my first engines. Athearn UP C44-9W (Dash 9) #9711. Fully Weathered. Trucks need some work and need to be re-weathered but other then that this ones done till super detailing

[​IMG]