trouble making the head of Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Mr. T, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

can anyone help me? ive been wrkin on Optimus prime for couple of days now. downloaded frm paper-replika... which means one of jules wrk. but im stuck. workin on the head. but cant put together parts# 38, 39 nd 40 if u know wat it means.... pls help me out.
  2. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

hey anyone tried making one yet?? pls help me
  3. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

4. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Just jumped ahead in my build. I'm making the same one now. Looks ok. Looks like you close no.41 and stick 40 on its tabs. 39 then wraps around under those two parts forming a short cylinder. You then make another short cylinder with 37 and 38 with 37 as the spacer between 38 and 40. Hope that helps.

Have you tried piece 34 yet. I'm a bit lost with it. It goes under the chin but it doesn't seem to fit for me!

Attached Files:

• part.jpg
      part.jpg
      File size:
      20.5 KB
      Views:
  5. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Hi again. Did a quick build (have to remember to keep it safe now). Hope these pictures help. Sorry for the quality. I took them with my phone.

Attached Files:

6. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

no u got me completely wrong. there are other parts#38, 39 and 40.
    [​IMG]
  7. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

nope i havent startd on part# 34 yet. i hav been stuck in #38, 39 nd 40 for weeks now.. if u hav done it pls let me kno.. well ill do a quick build nd let u kno abt 34.
  8. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

nope i havent startd on part# 34 yet. i hav been stuck in #38, 39 nd 40 for weeks now.. if u hav done it pls let me kno.. well ill do a quick build nd let u kno abt 34.
  9. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Sorry. I hadn't even noticed that numbering problem. The part I made there is labelled with the same numbers. I can still answer you though (I think). I have that piece done. That looks like the fin on the top of his head. In the instruction pictures #49 is not labelled (see attached pictures). It's the top part and glues to #38. #39+40 then glue together and fit in the space left in #49. I made a mess of mine and just put in a flat piece (no one will notice) :mrgreen:

Hope this is more helpful and if not sure give me a shout and I'll try again.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      18.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      126.9 KB
      Views:
  10. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

thnks a lot yeah it worked. did u finish making the head?
  11. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

NO problem. Glad I could help. No, I'm sort of making it in stages when I can find the time. Still havn't figured out #34 yet. Driving me mad. If you or some one else figures it you could you let me know. Thanks

Attached Files:

• 34.jpg
      34.jpg
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
  12. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Ok, I think I sort of figured out #34. Jules gave me a picture (see picture "1") of where it goes but I was still a bit lost with it as it didnt seem to fit properly. My problem was with #35 (see picture "2") and in particular the part highlighted in yellow. I had glued the tab to the edge pointed out by the blue arrow. I think this was the mistake as it should have been bent up further and glued to #34. Hope the pictures can discribe it better (see pictures "3"+"4"). Then the chin thing goes in (see picture "5").

I think this is roughly right. It still leaves a bit of a gap behind the tusky looking thngs and I had a few unused tabs that I cut out but apart from that it looks right enough from the picture I got from Jules.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      106.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      116.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      111.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      115.3 KB
      Views:
  13. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Man, that's some insanely detailed work! Good luck, guys!
  14. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Thanks Ekuth, best of luck with the new job.

It was pointed out to me that I had one more thing missing. There are missing fold lines on this piece (see picture, pink lines). Once there folded in there should be no gap and the pices sould be perfect :thumb:

Attached Files:

15. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

hey srry man was busy last few days cudnt wrk on #34. but i finally did. but im still strugling with #38, 39, nd 40. i messd those up twice.
  16. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

well i messd up the whole thing........ im using glossy photo paper thot its gna giv a shine but doesnt look too good.:(.
  17. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

No worries buddy. Lost count of the number of pieces I've had to re-do. It's worth it though. I know those first few steps a pretty tricky but keep going. I'll do my best to give you a hand if I can. The best bit of advice for the piece you’re having trouble with is just to simplify it. I found the intake thingy on the top of his fin a bit too tricky so I just cut out a flat piece and stuck it in. Here are some photos of my progress so far, you can probably make it out in that. You can also see it in one of the pictures I posted earlier. Any questions give me a shout :thumb:

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      165.8 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      176.3 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      186.4 KB
      Views:
  18. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

hey dude did u finish making it i just finishd it, came out pretty good actually. if u want i can upload som pics.
  19. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

20. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Well done buddy. Looks great. Say that took you some time to finish. I got the head done. Pictures here:

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167146

You're way ahead of me though. I'm only starting on the chest part. Maybe you could post some pictures on that thread as you have them. So far its only my pictures on it. It would be cool seein other post thiers there to.

Good work again