tristan de cunha longboat

lizzienewell

Jun 24, 2005
Anchorage, Alaska
lizzienewell.com
This is a model that was given to my mother about sixty years ago.

It was built on Tristan de Cunha by Kevin Swain who also built full sized boats.

I know it's not cardstock but it's still cool.

The rigging looks like it's made of handtwisted cord. The cover on the hull is painted canvas.

The rigging has been damaged and I don't know how it should go back together. The boom is disconnected from the mast and something looks like it's wrong with the gaff boom at the top. The sail goes straight up so I assume the gaff booms should stick up as well.

I asked my mother to gift this model to me in her will. Someone else can have the silverware and jewelry.

Lizzie

lizzienewell

Jun 24, 2005
Anchorage, Alaska
lizzienewell.com
This is a model that was given to my mother about sixty years ago.

It was built on Tristan de Cunha by Kevin Swain who also built full sized boats.

I know it's not cardstock but it's still cool.

The rigging looks like it's made of handtwisted cord. The cover on the hull is painted canvas.

The rigging has been damaged and I don't know how it should go back together. The boom is disconnected from the mast and something looks like it's wrong with the gaff boom at the top. The sail goes straight up so I assume the gaff booms should stick up as well.

I asked my mother to gift this model to me in her will. Someone else can have the silverware and jewelry.

Lizzie