Traction made it to Ottawa

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Toronto Christmas Train Show

Chris:
Toronto Christmas Train Show is NEXT WEEKEND, Nov. 23 -24 at the International Centre in Malton (next to Malton GO station). {{no trains on weekend!!}}
I'll be at the Platelayers stand, making cardboard buildings (probably). If you ask for David, you'll find that most of us are named David.
The shot of Limpley Wharf doesn't do it justice. It's beautifully done, using the N scale version of the buildings I make, and they're laid out perfectly. Did he have his spiral-double helix layout there as well?

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Thanks Jon very glad you like
e:D :D ;)
Hi Dave yes I now it did not do limpy wharf justice "but" I only had a shot or two left and I did want a pic of that happy smily great modler face. Unfortunatly His wife could not be there that weekend she did all the gardens you know. He said he was gettig a bit fed up with the spiral one. Like you I thought they were both great.

Dave its our 27th wedding anniversary that weekend and my lovley wife is not well so fogive me if I dont make it.

Have a great meet.
Cheers.
Chris.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Canadian Content

Hi Chris -

Nice shots of the traction layout. I think I saw you at Railfair Ottawa (or at least the layout). I am going to use your idea of the "remote mounting" of Atlas surface switch machines on my layout. It will be useful in my little yard where I can't get all the switches right next to the track.

By the way - it's great to see all the Canadian content in this thread and on The Gauge in general.:):):)

Andrew

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi Lighthorseman, Glad you like the layout there will be a few more pics sooon:) :) .

Hello Andrew, glad we could be of help with our idea`s thats what its all about;) ;)
We had a real good time with you people in Ottawa (nice folks)
Unfortunatly we dont think we will be back, it took 4 days off us and the expence phew.
We will proberley do two a year localy and as you saw we have lots of work still to do, Is`nt it fun:D :D :D :D :D :D

I must say WE DO LIKE TRACTION;)

Cheers,
Chris.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Chris:
Just to report, the Xmas Train show has 2 traction layouts, both O gauge. One features TTC stuff up to PCC, the other has CLRVs.
Limpley Wharf is there, with both builders in attendance. And Robin stopped by to watch me glue cardboard.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi Dave,

Please say HI to our friends at Limpley Wharf.
I do hope some pictures were taken of the Traction layouts and limpley.
I think the PPC "stuff" did the Halton Radial Museam with us going back a couple of years , I remember a rainy day and being sheltered in the barnes, the good thing was L&PS #8 was having its final touches painted on that was great to witness.

Did Robin ever find the pic of the Double slips beng unfrozen at Union Station???
I must see if I still have that darn calanda with the pic :D
Sorry I missed it
Have a fun day.
Cheers.
Chris.