Track planning software II

iis612

Dec 26, 2006
Chicago Burbs
Hey ya'll,
Not to beat a dead horse, but I am still shopping for a good program.
I have been using XtrkCad, and I am making some progress on a layout.
Here is what I am looking for a planning software package to do for me:
1. I want to be able to enter the track pieces that I have.
2. I want the program to show (in the plan) what pieces I have, and what I will need to get in order to complete the actual layout.
3. I want to be able to add certain features like wiring, structures, signals, etc.
4. I need to be able to test the layout with the rolling stock, and locos that I have or will have.

Not that I ask alot...sign1

If anyone knows of any software that fits this bill, or comes close to it, I would be eternally grateful.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
The Atlas RTS has libraries of different track manufacturers, and will also generate a shopping list of what you need. I haven't used it in a long time, as I now run Macs, but that's what I recall... It's a free download at www.atlasrr.com

Andrew

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
You've already got it - it's called XTrkCad - just enter the track-pieces you have on one layer, and the ones you don't have on another(they will show as different colours, depending on the layer colours that you have selected. You can make up your own buildings as parameter files and put them in position. You can run trains on a full copy of the layout. Print out the layout, scan it, load the file into an art program (like PaintshopPro) as a jpeg and add wiring /signals using that.
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands