TOS Enterprise

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
For a while now I wanted to build a TOS Enterprise and found a file in my todo-papermodels-folder (it is huge! :) ) with a 1:720 model (original by Ron Claudillo and redo by Legal01)

I don't have instructions but so far I seem to know what to do. I started with the inner structure of the disc hull.

I printed the parts on 300gsm paper and then glued onto 3 other pages, so every parts is 4 parts thick, which results in about 2mm.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Just make sure you don't use the tabs, if any. Cut them off and use strips of paper the join the sections. You glue them to one section first and then align the next part. The parts will be on the same plane, and you have no steps in the Hull. Good Luck that is a really model. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
For a while now I wanted to build a TOS Enterprise and found a file in my todo-papermodels-folder (it is huge! :) ) with a 1:720 model (original by Ron Claudillo and redo by Legal01)

I don't have instructions but so far I seem to know what to do. I started with the inner structure of the disc hull.

I printed the parts on 300gsm paper and then glued onto 3 other pages, so every parts is 4 parts thick, which results in about 2mm.
By all means, please post photos of your build!
Both @Ron Caudillo and @legal01 are members here. So if you run into any problems or issues, you can send them a private message and ask them for help.
I wish you the best of luck with your project and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!!!

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Thanks for the posts! Looking forward to seeing your build! I have attached the assembly instructions for you.

Just so you know, I have updated the Enterprise model with the colors recently identified by the Smithsonian during the restoration of the firming model. I should have updates posted soon.

Ron Caudillo

Attachments

• Enterprise Model Assembly.pdf
    676 KB · Views: 15

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Great Stuff. That .pdf should be uploaded into the "Resource" section!!

Reactions: Ron Caudillo

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Just did, verified it can be downloaded. I'll need to check my other designs in the Resources section to verify everything is still good.

Ron Caudillo

Great. Sometimes it's hard to find things in threads. The "Resources" section's name speaks for itself. ;)

Reactions: Ron Caudillo

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
Oh! When I created this thread it seemed like it did not work ... but obviously it did :) Zombie post!

I have made some photos. I started with the primary hull rib structure and liked the way this was designed. As I did not have any 2mm cardboard around I glued it together with 300gsm (apx ,5mm) @ 4 layers. That worked very nicely.

DSC07130.jpg

DSC07129.jpg

The big surface was no problem. I actually used the way described where you don't use the tabs but create your own for under the parts. But once I attached the skin "sidewall" I ran into this problem. I am guessing the rib structure parts where not reduced. There was no way I could close the gaps.
DSC07162.jpg

So a little frustrated this project came to a grinding halt.

BUT ... I decided to model the ship myself so that I could make all the required adjustments to the parts I would need. Also I wanted to make cut files for my auto-cutter (Silhouette portrait). The curved lines go much faster and precise with it :) This Enterprise is just one of my most favourites!!!

So, like the AT-ST, this is on hold for unknown time until I continue :)

Besides my regular stuff I am also working on another very famous starship right now. This one is actually proceeding very nicely ... maybe because I have not posted anything about it yet? So to not jinx it, I will continue behind the scenes and start showing when I am near completion. I am pretty sure you guys will love it. And I mean ... LOVE IT!

Anyway, enough with the teasing.

Thank you Ron for the instructions. They will help although I see that the internal structure is a little different for that scale.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
that's a recolor of Ron Caudillo's and enlarged to 1/400 by legal01. you can search the resources section scifi/startrek legal01 tos U.s.s. Enterprise.i would just link it, but you said you are new here, so you should learn to poke around. there are build threads here that are invaluable, and how to do stuff and make your own that are just Alexandrian library worthy threads to review.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
I've been very busy lately with business travel. I'm out to a customer every week, flying out Sunday and returning home on Saturday; not much time at home or free time. I need to check the status of all of the downloads of my models on this forum and ensure they are available.

Ron Caudillo

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Nice saucer section, very well done. :)