Tortise switches

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by rguyett, Oct 28, 2003.

1. rguyett

rguyett Member

Does anyone know about these switches you are suppose to be able to hook up light sfor your turnout controls so when the switch is in one postion a light indicates which way its going
    they are suppose to have extra terminals for lights
  2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

There are extra connections that have internal switches for controlling lights or frog wiring.
    I used the alternate method of putting a pair of light emitting diodes in series with the motor -- wire a red and green in opposite directions.
    (I blew an LED by having the turnout power on while I did the wiring -- when I touched the soldering iron to it, it went ZIP.)
    If you need more info, I can dig out the instructions.
  3. rguyett

rguyett Member

Thats what i was tol that there was extra connections for lights but in the meantime i also found out that acme also has switches that walthers sell that do the same thing so i think i will order one and see if i like it.
    The led's you suggest are a problem for me cause evrytime i use led 's i screw it up and blow them
    I will let you know if the amce switches work like i hope if not i may have to take you up on your offer for plans to use leds
    thanks for the come back