To Voyage to the Delta Quadrant (for the third time....) :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I think you should cut that rail (I think it's the main phaser rail, redo it. It's so crushed up at the front, and you could easily cut it out, and make a better one, judging by your abilities. It detracts from the piece.

Here:

Voyager Rail.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Toutenkarton

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Bummer! My wife sat on a model I was making. I had it on the edge of the armchair, and my cat knocked it onto the chair. My wife flattened it out. It was the McLaren M8, of which my dog ate the interior. The model was never meant to be for me. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The cat and dog conspire together...

The cat (Dio) knocked the life boat off of my 26" inch model of lilla Weneda, and I found it mixed with dog poop. I mowed over it, to helped it dissolve into the lawn. Multiple passes. Both of those animals died last years, each around 18 years old. If I could models for my cat, Dio, to feed to my dog, Rhyse, to eat and get them back, I would.. :)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
@zathros , I know the feeling, lost many a pet I wish I could get back. My favourite was a black labrador / Rottweiler cross. She had the Rottweiler build, but the lab nature, I raised her from a pup (being un-employed at the time), even have pictures of my kids sitting on her :)

Reactions: zathros

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I'm bring my very young cat in for surgery today. Don't know if he is going to survive. Fingers crossed. My cars live a long time. I had one for 25 years. ;)

Reactions: spaceagent-9

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
And now the both sides of the hull greebled (port phaser redone) :)

Secondary deflector and sens-or (go watch ST Lower Decks :)) pack completed

View attachment 191534
Now, that is what I call some good modeling! I'm thinking this could be turned into a cool diorama where we see the Voyager being built! If you Photoshop the cutting mat out and put a dry dock structure around these pieces you'd think that it was construction photos of the starship being built!

Impressive so far and well done!

Reactions: mijob