• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
We have a tough choice to make this month, so great entries. It's time to vote though so choose wisely since the top two will make it into the "winner's circle" in the gallery, and the winning pic will grace the cover of the next Gauge on-line magazine.

The number next to each entrie's name is the post # where you will find their entry.

Polls are open for ten days only, Good luck to all.:wave:

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
yay, i'm tied for first place, only two votes in :)

is campaining for votes allowed? :D

Vote 4 Marx Trains!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
CavlrZ said:
yay, i'm tied for first place, only two votes in :)

is campaining for votes allowed? :D

Vote 4 Marx Trains!
Well, you are now in a four-way tie, with four votes in.:D:D

Campaigning allowed? Gee, I don't know if that would work. I considered bribing the moderator, until I realized that that's me, :eek:ops::eek:ops: and I have impeccable standards and can't be bribed.:thumb::thumb:. Then I thought about buying votes, but again, I doubt that I have enough of anything to buy off enought memebers to make it worthwhile.:rolleyes::rolleyes:, besides, those impeccable standards got in the way again. Then I went with the premise that campaigning, bribery and buying votes would not make me feel like I accomplished anything if I won, so I just let the chips fall where they may.

If you're gunna win, you're gunna win regardless of what you do.

I know your question was tongue-in-cheek, and so is this reply...:wave::wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
CavlrZ said:
hehe

impeccable standards, huh ;)

whats your starting prices? lol :D
Well, my impeccable standards tell me if I'm going to go over to the dark side (got that one from Star Wars), I'm gunna go big or not at all.:eek: No "negotiating" or "starting price". If you're trying to bribe me, it better be your best shot first,and a big one at that...:D:D:D:D

Just to put this in prospective, I've never owned a Mercades, never been to Hawaii or Barbados and although our new house is more than adiquate for us, I've always wondered what it would be like to hob-knob with the rich and famous and have a home there in Paradise Valley or up on Camelback mountain. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I hope I haven't set the bar too high for you.....:wave:

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i'll buy you a manson and a huge boat!!!!

... to scale of course ;)

o-gauge scale okay? :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Let me get up on my soapbox and try to put this in prospective. There's no sin in voting for yourself. After all, you wouldn't have submitted the entry if you didn't think it was the best. If everyone followed that theory, and only those that entered voted, we'd have a 23 way tie.:eek: Fortunetly, after submitting an entry and looking at the others, some think their's is good, but someone else's is better and they spend their vote on someone else. Then there are those that don't enter, but still can cast a vote. Theoretically, we could have someone win with 3000 votes, although that's highly unlikely since there are only a few hundred members that come here on a regular basis. With that in mind, we have to wonder why we usually only have around 30 or so people voting each month.:cry::cry:

Sometimes I'll vote for myself, sometimes not. Last month I got zip votes, this month should be the same, since there are other entries I like better than my own. The best I've ever done was coming in a close second last month to Shamus on another forum's contest, and I felt good about that.:D Getting no votes only means I'll try to do better next month, but I have a great time putting together something to enter, I really don't care. To be sure, if there were something more at stake than just bragging rights, I'd disqualify myself since I run this contest and it would really look bad if I did win say, a $10,000 grand prize.:eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops: Hmm, on the other hand, if we had that kind of a prize, I might just let someone else run things that month.:wave:

It isn't how many votes you get, it's all about how much fun you have and the opportunity to see someone else's great pictures. But... if you haven't voted yet, now is the time. Let's see if we can't get a record vote this month, how about it folks... :thumb::thumb:

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
I didnt enter because i dont have my layout running and there is no scenery. But i did vote and let me till ya it was a verry hard choice to make there are some verry nice pics.:thumb:

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Hay! I can vote twice! I'll get Brenda to sign up and I'll do her voteing. How about that, two votes for me!!! NO, wait a minute, I have not entered because I'm not good enough to enter yet! Oh-well, it was a nice thought, but that would be cheating!
and I can't do that.
Randy

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
rcline said:
Hay! I can vote twice! I'll get Brenda to sign up and I'll do her voteing. How about that, two votes for me!!! NO, wait a minute, I have not entered because I'm not good enough to enter yet! Oh-well, it was a nice thought, but that would be cheating!
and I can't do that.
Randy
There isn't anyone here that "isn't good enough to enter yet". If that was the case, I'd be sitting on the sidelines. Put something together and enter. If you notice, many people enter, and some deservingly think theirs is best, others think someone else deserves their vote and they vote accordingly. Notice how many votes I got the past few months.:rolleyes: Someday I might even vote for myself, but in the meantime, I'm gunna have fun trying.:D You do likewise..:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.