This One's For Tyson

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
This is a little project I worked on this past week while I was on vacation.
I just took along a little "grab bag" of goodies from my scrap box, giving myself the challenge of coming up with something presentable.
This is mostly just odd pieces from commercial plastic kits. (I did make the roofs, elevator shaft, & "wooden" loading dock from scratch.)
I started with some DPM walls, but all I could come up with was a boring little cube, with way too many loading dock doors, no entry doors, & windows in odd places.
So I made these obstacles my guide...I had to come up with various ways to hide the fact that all I had was a boring cube with too many dock doors, windows, & so on.
I got some inspiration from a run-down farm implement dealership I saw near Knoxville, TN. Since I was in Tyson's neck of the woods, I honored the place with his moniker. (hope he doesn't mind! :) )
Since I don't have a good home for it at present, I made a little diorama to photograph it on.
Here's a view from all 4 sides.

Attachments

• mvc-001f.jpg
    mvc-001f.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 252

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Whoa!!!!!! What a honor!! :cool: :D :cool: What a neat building and a sharp diorama to boot! Best looking pile of spare parts I've seen in a while. Once you start the expansion of the K&I maybe you can find a place for it. Thanks Charlie! ;) BTW what am I doing in there? Couldn't read the small print under the name.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Sorry Tyson,
That N scale is SMALL aint it? :D
The sign says
Tyson
Tool & Implement
Glad you approve, & thanks for the kind words!
(see, this time I stole from you ! :D )

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Charlie,
Whenever I reach into the old grab bag, I'm happy to just get all my fingers back! I certainly have never pulled anything that good out!
Nice work! ( but weren't you supposed to be "on vacation"?)
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thats a cute structure Charlie, making something like that, you never know what it's going to turn out like. I Love it.
It's just made for Tyson.

Shamus

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Gosh...
I'm the one who's honored by being complimented by the likes of all of these great modelers! Thanks very much! :)
Pete,
Since modeling is one of my favorite ways to relax, I always try to take something along with me. I have a little 3-tiered tool box that holds everything I need, & so I'll take along a piece of rolling stock, a bridge, or some plastic kit pieces to mess around with.
My wife & I have a pact...when we go on vacation, we don't take alarm clocks, or get wake-up calls, we take off our watches, & don't go in for itineraries, or any kind of scheduling. We always rent a place big enough for the whole family to eat, sleep, & live in, & then we all wake up when we feel like it, eat & drink what we want when we feel like it, go to bed when we feel like it, & do some swimming, hiking, reading, & laying around in much the same fashion.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Charlie,
Here's my tool box, and "workbench". I have a Unimat set up on a bench in the basement, and, will do the "heavy"work down there, but most of the modelwork gets done here.

Attachments

• workarea.jpg
    workarea.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 161

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thats a much bigger table than I use Pete. I use one of those TV tables but then my toolbox has to stay in the basement and only bring selected tools up to the family room wher I do my model building. I always wanted one of those Unimat lathes.
Are they worth the price?

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Pete,
That's a neat little set-up you've got there!
I hear a lot of moaning & groaning around here if I start bringing tools & things up from the basement...besides I've got big florescent lights down there, & so that's easier for me to deal with.
I built myself a workbench that hangs on the wall...this is a little embarrasing, but here's what it looks like this morning...sometimes I'm known to have a half-dozen projects going at once here. It's a mess, but that's how I operate:D. That circular piece of glass is something my wife had put in the trash, & I found that it made an ideal cutting surface.

Attachments

• mvc-007f.jpg
    mvc-007f.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 100

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
It's pretty cool being able to see ya'lls work table's.

I had a very nice gift given to me awhile back that solved all my model building and storage problems.
A friend gave me one of those big craftsman mechanics type tool chests. It had been left at one of his rental houses. It was slightly damaged and rusty. I pounded out some dents painted it and put it on rollers. When it's time to modelbuild i just wheel it up to the bench. Now Everything i need is in one spot within arms reach. :D :D

t.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Welllllll....
I just got them out of the package, & was thinking of how they might fit in over at Tyson Tool & Implement:) :p :)
Guess I blew my cover didn't I?:eek:

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Well guess they aren't mine after all, being as mine ain't seen the package in 5 years at least. :D Come to think of it they weren't near dusty enough! :rolleyes: Thought you guys would like to see what a well organized, efficent, clean work enviroment should look like. :D :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :D
P.S. There is an even bigger rat's nest higher up but I couldn't get it all in the pic! :D

Attachments

• workbench.jpg
    workbench.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 86