This looks like as good a forum as any to put this in

C

Catt

A thread for all scales vehicles that you have modified for use on your layouts to get ones that aren't available in stores or online.(WARNING! Most of mine are trucks of the over the road varieity.) These are N scale.

First up is a McCains french frie rig.The trailer is an ATLAS 45' Pines with custom decals and a Fine Nscale reefer unit.Tractor is a modified Con Cor cabover .
mccains1.jpg

Nuther ATLAS Pines 45' trailer with custom decals.Tractor is same unit pulling the McCains trailer. :D
nesquick1.jpg

Older ATLAS 40' trailer.The decals are from a Micro-Scale Rio Grande loco set.Tractor is simply an orange ATLAS Ford with some paint detailing and Lineside Models etched mirrors.
grande1.jpg

(Disclaimer right here) I did not make the decals used on the above two trailers.

doctorwayne

Great looking work. No slur intended, but I would never have guessed them to be N scale. Whoever did the decals did a really nice job, too.

Wayne

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Those are cool Catt.
Here's one I did for a co-worker a couple of years ago.
The trailer is an old AFX HO slot car(truck?) trailer. The guy I did this for had a slot car layout and had just bought a full scale WRX, and wanted something to match on this trailer.
The cab is an Athearn. They look like they belong together...Don't they?

Attachments

• tractortrailer Small Web view.jpg
    tractortrailer Small Web view.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 176
C

Catt

nuther one

ATLAS/Athearn Ford flatbed.Everything forward of headache rack is ATLAS ,everything from headache rack back is Athearn.Wheels are also Athearn but don't show up very well in pictures.

oranfrd1.jpg

oranfrd2.jpg

oranfrd4.jpg

I find it interesting that I am the only member of this forum that modifies their vehicles.

Wayne the decals were done by two different people and I agree they did an excellent job on them.

shaygetz

Catt said:
I find it interesting that I am the only member of this forum that modifies their vehicles.

Oooohhhhh....oooooooooooo...oooowwwwwwwww....ooooooo, that hurt:D

Bigfoot was modified by simply changing out wheels with a Mini-Tonka issue. Sarge's jeep is a modified Airfix issue using Micro-Machine wheels and a scrap built big block with swamp pipes. The bikes are highly modified Micro-Machines issues from the late 80s when they were much closer to HO scale.

Wait'll daylight, Catt, wait'll daylight when my camera'll cooperate with the better light:thumb:

OoooOOOOOoooooooo...why I oughta....stooges8 :p :D

Attachments

• wildojnes.jpg
    wildojnes.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 116
Beautiful work guys. I never even thought about doing things
like that but then I don't have any tractor trailers yet. Thanks
for showing your great work.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Catt said:
...I find it interesting that I am the only member of this forum that modifies their vehicles...
Good point, as you know, modifying anything at N scale is a challenge. I'll get around to it one day though since most of the vehicles I have look too much like what they really are, subtoy-like pieces of plastic without details and without personallity. It's almost an embarrasment to put them on my layout.:eek:ops: :eek:ops:

Thanks for the inspiration..:wave: :wave:

shaygetz

Most all these are birthday party favors modified with bits of wire and styrene, then touched up with paint and weatering. The truck beds are scratchbuilt. The 'dozer's rollcage is bent wire. The compactor is scatchbuilt with Tyco truck wheels and other detail bits from the scrap box. The biffy sits on a modified Revel handcar trailer and the speeder is scratchbuilt on N scale wheels.

Attachments

• biffy.JPG
    biffy.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 81
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 79
  • truck3.jpg
    truck3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 78
  • trucks1.jpg
    trucks1.jpg