The Uhu02 appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ThunderChild, May 8, 2010.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

You did a FANTSTIC job on all three of these models! Thank you for sharing your work with us. I am looking forward to seeing more of it!
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
  2. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Great pic, great builds!
  3. Octoman

Octoman Member

Holy cow!

I just looked over this thread and I gotta say...Wow!!!

I'm new here (like brand new) and this is the first thread I looked over and I have NEVER seen models of this quality and detail before. I'm completely blown always!

Don't know what else to say other than I can't wait to build them. I noticed some sticky on "The master" in a few other categories so I'm off to get the low down.

This is SUCH a great forum!

Thanks to all and especially Uhu02!

Best,

Ian
    Ken Spriggs likes this.
  4. hurdygurdyguy

hurdygurdyguy New Member

An incredible model from an incredible designer! And nicely done and displayed ... I seem to be one of the frustrated by overthinking the clue to the library access ... *sigh* still trying...

However.... after another hour or so of pursuing the holy grail I was successful!!! Ahhhh.... What was obvious to many was not obvious on my screen as I did not have the "key.jpg" to see but, diligence paid off... whew... now the real work starts...building some models!!!
  5. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

You got it though. You are now entrusted with a very important exclusive group. Please, keep the trust. Some artn't, and that means less modelsd available! I am Happy for you! :):thumb:
    pferris likes this.
  6. McGee

McGee Newbie

hurdygurdygy....SUPER Congrats on figuring out the front gate secret in such a timely manner. I can admit that I am one of those, who despite having been "pointed in the direction of" quite awhile back, in subtle ways, spent over a month off and on....(waaay more ON), and it took me FOREEEEEVER and 17 years to figure it out...but alas.....YEEsh. It's awesome that you will be able to get to build his masterful works now.
  7. JJD

JJD New Member

A big thanks again to uhu02!! Outstanding...... amazing..... not much seems to adequately describe his efforts!!

After a long time printing and procrastinating, I am salivating at the thought of the Lunar Module. With luck I'll finally start on my first build thread!

Quick question.... anyone know, or is there anywhere I can convert "thicknesses" to "gsm"? (most specifically 0.21mm to gsm?) Most paper types that I can lay my hands on here in Oz are listed in grams per square metre.

And after a bit of searching around I found the following link helpful, so others might too......

http://www.paper-paper.com/weight.html
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  8. DanBKing

DanBKing Dan the Man

UHU02 seems to use 160 gsm on all his models.
  9. JJD

JJD New Member

Thanks DBK :)
  10. mspacemike

mspacemike New Member

Really appreciate the images from the builders and the wonderful work from UHU. Thanks.
  11. Maverick65

Maverick65 Member

For those of you haven't noticed yet Uhu has finished his design &test build of the Apollo 13 Luner Lander he has been working on. It now available for download at his site. What a beautiful work of art. It is hard to tell it is made out of paper by just looking at it. I am in awe of his attention to detail he puts into all his projects.

Thank you Uhu for sharing your tallents & projects with us. You are trully a master craftsman.

Deepest respects,
    Rick
  12. zathros

Grab it while you can, after it's locked up in his Library, it will be very hard to get. If anyone has ANY questions, send Rhaven or me a P.M., but post nothing, absolutely nothing, in this thread. The model is up, and it's beautiful!! :)

[​IMG]
    Ken Spriggs and Tonino like this.
  13. kevo

kevo Member

Would just like to thank Uhu02 for another outstanding model, just when you think thing he can't make anything better than is last model. he blows you away again with his next. the detail on this luna lander is truly breathtaking. words fail me, I can only look on in amazement at the workmanship of this wonderful model and look forward to his next masterpiece. and only hope that one day he decides to make the Nautilus from 20,000 leagues under the sea. thank you again.
  14. paper hollywood

paper hollywood Member

I'll join in on the appreciation of this one. Actually, I'm more like awestruck. I built my first LEM model (Revell's) while keeping up with the Apollo program back in the '60s, but I don't recall ever seeing a model with a full LEM interior. UHU is regularly amazing.
  15. zathros

UHU's Model is officially in the "Library" now, so absolutely no hints, clues, to anybody or anyone. Nothing but "Appreciation in this thread.

Anyone with any questions regarding UHU02's models must P.M. Rhaven Blaack or me, Zathros. Thank You all for your understanding, and for those of you who know why, Thank You for putting up with these notices, as you would think people knew better by now. :)
  16. McGee

McGee Newbie

I'm going to be chomping at the bit for his next project, as i was for this beaut. I really love that Pan Am Orion design.
  17. mvink

mvink Member

Thanks to some pirate sites, Uhu02 has now permanently closed his library - from EVERYONE.
    Don't know if or when he will reopen it.
  18. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

19. zathros

If UHU decides to re-open his "Library", we will all be even more grateful. If he does not, well, if you have been keeping up, you should have a couple of years worth of models to build. UHU has given some of the finest models I have ever seen, for FREE! So we Thank UHU, and let's leave it at that. Posting pictures in this thread of finished models is a great way to show appreciation. No more speculation though on what UHU will or will not do. This kind of speculation does nothing, so no more of it, Please! Thanks. When he decides on his next move, he will let us know, he always has. :)
  20. t.l.williamsjr

t.l.williamsjr Member

I just tried Uhu02's site and tried to download a page of the LEM, worked fine. Password is still the same. His ISP could have been having problems. If you can't download, try again later or the next day.

To Uhu02

For all of the wonderful models you have made available to the world, Domo Arigato Gozaimasu Uhu-sama.

TomW.