The starting

May 27, 2004
Winnipeg,MB
The starting--- track plan added

Of the first bit of model work i have done in some years. Going to do a small town diorama, and what better place to start then with the grain elevator.
Have included a few pics of the starting.

over%20all.JPG

The overview of this building

roof.JPG

Little blurry but using a gray wash on the roof panels. Trying to make it look a little decrepid.

More later

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Nice job.

You know...

...you could take some of those "My Little Pony" stickers and stick them on the side. Add some playground equipment and a chainlink fence around them to keep the bad guys out, voila, instant renovated grain elevator turned into a daycare.

Humm, the rail traffic wouldn't be any good. Scrap that idea.

Unless you wanted to ship the kids in on passenger trains.

May 27, 2004
Winnipeg,MB
I didnt even realize they where sitting there. I would have to fight my youngest for those.

Did a little more of the trim last night, and edged the roof with a thin line of black to seperate it a little better.

street%20side%202.JPG

May 27, 2004
Winnipeg,MB
Here is some of the progress that was made today. Painted the hinges on the doors, filling hose, roof details. Next things are people and some details, and i guess i should attach it to the base.
The overall front view
front%20grain.JPG

Back Side of elevator, i can see some touch ups are needed:)
back%20grain%20elevator.JPG

And one of the whole set on the trackside
trackside.JPG

May 27, 2004
Winnipeg,MB
as i found out today after some land bartering, NONE! i have been granted a 12' x 12' room. Now the nice part is i still have most of the layout that used to be 14'x12' so with some modifications to fit i wont need a helix of any sort:) ill post up the track plan to it later this evening.:thumb:

May 27, 2004
Winnipeg,MB
Ok well here is a really rough sketch of what it will look like. 2 sections are already up, and the rest are just waiting for some trimming to fit the new room. :wave:

new%20update%20plan.jpg