The Ryan River RR

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Could you put the heater and its dimensions on the drawing? That would be helpful...reason I mention it, I'm wondering what size a return loop would fit between the heater and the big white thing (is that a cabinet or fridge?)

Galen

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Oh, and don't give up! Never give up, just keep going! Sketch, sketch then sketch some more. Try a crazy idea even if you're SURE it won't work because part of that idea may be the solution to another problem in a sketch you end up using. Measure Ten Cut One.

Galen

fuzzyloggin

Oct 9, 2006
Sydney,Australia.
ok mate no worries ill get the dimensions for the heater ,just one thingi should explain the diagram abit better tho because im just learning how to use this program.

the area you called a fridge is actually a wall, the heater is in a little alcove at the back of the garage.ill go get a photo of that area from further back that might help also.

fuzzyloggin

Oct 9, 2006
Sydney,Australia.
thats a photo looking up the bench towards the water heater in the alcove i was talking about, the heater itself stands 54 inches high and has a 25 inch diameter, if you include the pipes sticking out the side its about 33 inch wide sideways.
now because these things usually blow up every few years i have to make sure i can get access to replace it so thats why i have decided to climb the track up and have a turn around above it. The total width of the alcove is about 5 feet so i was thinking i would have a 24 inch radius turn around up there and leave aliitl room on the side for a tool rack i have there and a small set of steel shelves you can see in the picture,
the benchwork im building for the layout stands 44 nches high and is 33 inches wide on a 21 foot run down the wall. i built the bench so far to my wifes specifications(storage underneath) but whatever needs to be done to the top is flexible ie widening for turns and raising height or anything i need to do, so long as that storage area stays underneath im set :)

fuzzyloggin

Oct 9, 2006
Sydney,Australia.
thats a photo looking up the bench towards the water heater in the alcove i was talking about, the heater itself stands 54 inches high and has a 25 inch diameter, if you include the pipes sticking out the side its about 33 inch wide sideways.
now because these things usually blow up every few years i have to make sure i can get access to replace it so thats why i have decided to climb the track up and have a turn around above it. The total width of the alcove is about 5 feet so i was thinking i would have a 24 inch radius turn around up there and leave aliitl room on the side for a tool rack i have there and a small set of steel shelves you can see in the picture,
the benchwork im building for the layout stands 44 nches high and is 33 inches wide on a 21 foot run down the wall. i built the bench so far to my wifes specifications(storage underneath) but whatever needs to be done to the top is flexible ie widening for turns and raising height or anything i need to do, so long as that storage area stays underneath im set :)
--EDIT--
i just noticed that you wanted to know what size loop would fit between wall and heater, answer is only a 15" radius and that is a no go as i plan to run a big boy or a challenger on this layout

fuzzyloggin

Oct 9, 2006
Sydney,Australia.
--EDIT--
i just noticed that you wanted to know what size loop would fit between wall and heater, answer is only a 15" radius and that is a no go as i plan to run a big boy or a challenger on this layout

fuzzyloggin

Oct 9, 2006
Sydney,Australia.
sorry bout the last post when i submitted the server went down or something and it didn't look like the post went thru very weird anyway this is the pic relating to the previous post.

Attachments

• BENCHx.jpg
    BENCHx.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 129

fuzzyloggin

Oct 9, 2006
Sydney,Australia.
im sorry guys, im trying to work out how to post a large clear image of my layout from an xtrkcad file within the allowed image size for this website ill keep working on it talk soon

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I don't see any run around tracks. Imagine running a train on your layout and trying to switch out those industries, or bring the train into the yard. Any yard should have one set of tracks where an engine can pull a train in, uncouple, switch tracks, and back out. Anyplace you discover where you want to switch an industry, but your locomotive is on the wrong end of the train, needs a run around track nearby to allow you to get the locomotive behind the train.

fuzzyloggin

Oct 9, 2006
Sydney,Australia.
thats why im glad you spoke up because i dont really no what im doing, thanks for the tip , i dont really know how to fix this but ill see if i can do something up and repost and show you , then you can tell me if im on the right track :)

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
fuzzyloggin said:
im sorry guys, im trying to work out how to post a large clear image of my layout from an xtrkcad file within the allowed image size for this website ill keep working on it talk soon
This is about the best I could get from the original bitmap file (pic) but it gives a pretty good idea of what you're planing.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 9