TCS Tiger's Claw

Privateer

Jan 20, 2011
Gallifrey
Some of you may remember a little game by the name of Wing Commander that was out eons ago. Drawing inspiration from wcnews.com I decided to start scratch building a model of the TCS Tiger's Claw, the carrier from the first game. I've always loved the design and upon seeing an updated fan rendering of the vessel I decided to cannibalize the 3d mesh for the model and start construction. I've worked on it on and off for the last few months. I'll post a few pics to see if it drums up any interest. I'm hoping to be finished with the model soon.

Attachments

• pro1.jpg
    pro1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 22
  • Pro2 (2).jpg
    Pro2 (2).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 20
  • pro3.jpg
    pro3.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 17
  • pro4.jpg
    pro4.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 16
  • pro5.jpg
    pro5.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 18
  • pro6.jpg
    pro6.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 18

Bhelliom

Jun 20, 2009
Parma Center NY
It's looking good, Privateer! I'm always glad to see another capital ship being modeled, no matter what movie/show/game/book its from. There's also a TCS Victory out there somewhere, too.

I just did a quick search, and found the Victory here; http://papercommander.solsector.net/, as well as others.

I'll be watcing with interest.

Scott K.

Z

Zathros

WOW!! :welcome1: to the forum. That sure is a way to make a bold entry. Magnificent looking ship you got going, hope to see much much more. Welcome aboard!

Privateer

Jan 20, 2011
Gallifrey
Thanks for the welcome! Here are some more progress pics! Just FYI these are older progress pics. I'm just posting them a few at a time. This model represents months of planning and biulding. I just wanted to share here.

Attachments

• above.jpg
    above.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Thing.jpg
    Thing.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 12

Privateer

Jan 20, 2011
Gallifrey
Here are some more progress pictures. You can see the completion of the back area, the addition of the launch tubes, the nameplate, and some cleanup work. Thanks for all the feedback!

Attachments

• Claw.jpg
    Claw.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Claw2.jpg
    Claw2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Above.jpg
    Above.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Launch Tubes.JPG
    Launch Tubes.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Conning Tower.jpg
    Conning Tower.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 13

Privateer

Jan 20, 2011
Gallifrey
Here is an update for you. Some progress I made on the nacelle supports and the nacelles. Some of these pictures are a little higher resolution. I am currently trying to figure out turrets. Any ideas? Maybe I could cannibalize something from a battleship papercraft?

Attachments

• Buttums.jpg
    Buttums.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 13
  • tapp.jpg
    tapp.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Cloer.jpg
    Cloer.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 14
  • frik.jpg
    frik.jpg