Tank track jig and tutorial video

Sudsy

Sep 29, 2018

YouTube from TinkerTerrain's channel from over 10 years ago. While he used Evergreen platicard stock, I suspect his track jig (for a scratchbuilt Baneblade tank for 40K no less...) would work in paper as well. I might have to make one...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Thanks for the tutorial. I might have used a cloth strip, or rubber strip, if you could find rubber thin enough. This would give the tracks more individual movement, they would lay on the bogies better, maybe. Looks great though, as all your work does. ;)

Last edited:

Sudsy

Sep 29, 2018
Thanks for the tutorial. I might have used a cloth strip, or rubber strip, if you could find rubber think enough. This would give the tracks more individual movement, they would lay on the bogies better, maybe. Looks great though, as all your work does. ;)
Not my tutorial, just something I found searching for paper card scratch building on YouTube. Well worth reviewing though, it's a 10 year old video.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Interesting, I think it should have cuts with an X-acto knife between the tracks to make them bend easier more independently, and make the tracks more independent. Just my 2 cents worth, which about a cent of value. ;)