Swap meet finds

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
My Club put on a model train show and swap meet this past Saturday. It was well attended by both the public and vendors. I managed to sell a few things of mine and I bought the following with the proceeds:

2008_03080046.jpg

A Proto2000 FA2. Two years ago I bought the B unit off the same fellow who I bought the A off of this past weekend. I had hardly been run (lots of oxidization on the wheels) I cleaned it up and removed the rubber band that drives the rear fan (it never works well) and it runs great.

2008_03080029.jpg

Another P2K FA2 but this one is a dummy. It is missing the rear fan screen, rear door and diaphram but I only paid 4$ for it It'll probably be repainted since the era is way to new for me. It does have working lights.

2008_03080031.jpg

I've always wanted one of these little critters. It's the unpowered one but I figure I got a deal on it since I managed to get the vendor to knock $4 off the sticker price.

2008_03080062-1.jpg

Finally I bought the most expensive freight car I now own. At 20$ it's pretty pricey (for me) but the detail and the fact it's a Canadian roadname makes it worth it. The only problem is there weren't any instructions in the box so can anyone help with this?

Finally

N

nachoman

Those Grandt boxcabs are fun. I have two. You can reauge the standard gauge into narrow gauge by pushing in the wheels. I bought the unpowered one with the intent on powering it, but then I decided to get another powered one and permanently wire the unpowered one to it for extra pickups.

Kevin