Supermarine Attacker

rkelterer

Jan 16, 2004
Seiersberg, AUSTRIA
hi folks,

the first pictures are repetition. now new will follow.

nobi's design is clear, easy and fit together excactly. I recommend this modell to every newcomer. I did a test build on the pakistan version.

cheers
raimund

JRSeese

Feb 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Since you are being kind enough to post a step-by-step pictorial of the construction, hopefully you will indulge a beginner's questions.

I have limited experience with fuselage modeling; wondering, how do you keep the formers so strictly perpendicular with the skin? I take it there is glue around the perimeter of the former? When I have taken practice steps with free models the formers always want to slip around and not stay where they belong :?

I'm sure it's a simple technique I am missing

Thanks for the pictures, although many frequent fliers might skip ahead I am eating them up. Very educational to the beginning modeler!

Josh

rkelterer

Jan 16, 2004
Seiersberg, AUSTRIA
hi jrseese,

the formers have to be cut out slightly larger than needed. than they are sanded with a fine grained sandpaper. sand the former as long as it doesnot fit with minimal force. apply the glue inside the segment. the hole in the former should be large enough for your fingers, it does not have to be perfectly round :) move the former to fit the segment-edge, otherwise you will get into troubles when you mount the segments together.

hope this help, keep on building

cheers from austria
raimund

Maurice

Jan 16, 2004
Josh

Frequent fliers aren't available on Raimund's pictures. :lol:
We all benefit from them.

Cheers from Australia
Maurice