Sunday's Mixed Train

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
The supposed weekly mixed train finally got back on schedule this weekend and here it is:

Atlas B&O RS-1
Mixed_Train_002a.jpg

Athearn/Bev-Bel ACL Boxcar
Mixed_Train_004a.jpg

Athearn Undecorated Boxcar: Custom Painted and Letter CNJ with CDS Dry Transfers
Mixed_Train_006a.jpg

Mantua General Electric Tank Car
Mixed_Train_008a.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice runby, as usual, Tom. I've always liked the RS-1, particularily for the cab, which wouldn't look too out of place on a steamer. I also like that tank car and the nice job on the Joisey Central car: C-D-S makes a lot of lettering sets for northeastern U.S. roads.

Wayne

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Looking good Tom. :thumb:
The New York Central Lines coach is the one I am missing from my set. The RPO and baggage cars only have New York Central on them. The diner and observation cars have New York Central Lines on them. The Pullman is just labeled Pullman.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks guys!

Wayne
I really like CDS Lettering. I am so sad that they are going out of business. I need to get a bunch more of their dry transfers.

Ray
My son found that car in the used car section of the LHS. He is into passenger trains right now and also likes the NYC.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
doctorwayne said:
Nice runby, as usual, Tom. I've always liked the RS-1, particularily for the cab, which wouldn't look too out of place on a steamer. I also like that tank car and the nice job on the Joisey Central car: C-D-S makes a lot of lettering sets for northeastern U.S. roads.

Wayne

I think that's why, of all the diesels, I like the RS-1 the best.

The owner of CDS is Tom Hood, who has a fantastic layout that occupies the entire basement of his house, including under the garage (which is somewhat unusual for Canadian homes). The layout is Canadian Northern (CNor) in the 1940s, as if they had not been taken over by Canadian National/Canadian Government Railways in the 1920s. Lots of beautiful steam - including a brass engine for almost every stall of his 24+ stall-roundhouse.

See pictures here:

http://fridaynightgroup.blogspot.com/2006_02_12_fridaynightgroup_archive.html

Andrew

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hi tom---excellent work---i always look forward to viewing your threads---keep them coming,thanks

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Andrew, thanks for that link. I wasn't aware that Tom Hood had such a large layout.
TomPM, I also wasn't aware that C-D-S was going out of business. The last time that I ordered more custom lettering, I talked to Al Craig, who mentioned that they were looking for a buyer for the business. While I've finally learned how to properly apply decals, I've always preferred dry transfers: most of my freight cars are lettered with C-D-S sets, and almost all of my passenger cars:
Kitbashed headend equipment
have been lettered using their alphabet and passenger car data sets.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Tom, yet another AWESOME "roll by"!!!:thumb: what can i say that others already haven't?, GREAT photography, weathering, scenery, and custom cars. truly OUTSTANDING work all the way around.:thumb::D THANKS!

L

lester perry

Absolutely beautiful:thumb: . Only one problem, WHERES THE WATER TOWER?:D
Les

L

lester perry

Absolutely beautiful :thumb: . Just one question, WHERES THE WATER TOWER?:D
Les