Stepping down from the forums

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Hello friends!

I am stepping down as moderator of all the forums I have been watching over. I am leaving on good terms, which is very important to me.

As some of you know, I've had a change in employment status. I work at the same place, but in a different division, and now I am many times busier than before. I am staying later some evenings and that cuts into family time, so I really can't come home a couple of hours late and do an hour of forums reading.

I plan to always be a member of the gauge as long as I am welcome here. I will be doing less time consuming work on other rail sites.

I've enjoyed working with you all. You've made moderation an easy job, but more important, you make the-gauge a fun place to learn. I will be on, just less often. If you have any questions about why I am leaving, get it from the horses mouth and just PM me :)

jon

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hey jon,

Thanks for all your hard work. Your 5000+ posts have encouraged/advised/assisted many here, including me :) so I am happy that you will not be gone (at least not too far... ;) )

Good luck with your new job!

Andrew

Howdy Jon,

At least your not totally leaving us...that would be a real loss! Shame we'll loose you as a moderator, but one's family and life comes before railroading (or so i've been told)

Happy trails (or rails?) and keep us updated on the new job!
later
AR

EDIT: Bob...i agree! :D

revandy

Nov 2, 2004
Cumberland RI
Thank you so much for the time you devoted, enjoy your sabbatical you deserve it. You and your family will be in our prayers. Just remember, you have to stop and smell the roses once in a while.
Rev. Andy

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Thanks millions guyz. Pleases don't cry, Ed
alright.gif
I'll be around!
toothless.gif
toothless.gif
toothless.gif

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Thanks Jon for your contribution to the gauge and it members, hope the new job pans out real gold for you. Glad that you will still be around thou. have a good one.. steve

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Thanks for a job well done. :thumb:

Good luck with the new job.

Moving up the corporate ladder always adds to the work load. :(

Just be sure to keep your priorities in line. Remember, all the money in the world will not replace losing time with your family.

Good Luck.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
moving up

Like they always say, "Work your 8 hours a day and don't worry about it. Pretty soon you'll be boss, work 14 hours a day, and have all the worries."

Enjoy having you around when you can.

God Bless

Lynn

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Thanks a bunch guys. I also should add I will be doing less time consuming on-line work elsewhere.

Don't worry about the new job, I've been at it for months. Overtime will decrease by summer as new sytems are in place. Old job is gone now, so there was really not much choice. It's a better job and I enjoy it. It's a good career move, just less care free time. I do appreciate hte concerns and advice :)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I completely understand where you're coming from, my friend.
The best of luck to you, wherever life leads you..
Look forward to hearing from you again!
Take care!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Hey Jon I have always enjoyed your posts and am delighted that you will still hang around here when you can my friend. You have a wonderful sense of humour which we all apreciate.

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Jon,

Sure sorry to hear you need to step down. Wishing you all the very best on the new promotion and very glad to hear you will be still dropping by. I want to thank you for all the help you gave to me as it really helped me a lot. I'll sure miss your wonderful humor as you gave me a lot of laughts. I hav'nt posted any pictures yet as were having personal problems and I have spent very little time on the Gauge. All the very best in life my friend.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cry: :cry: :wave: :wave: