Star Wars - Tatooine moisture vaporator

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
I have started to update the moisture vaporator that Michael has designed for the homestead building. I got a few requests that his version was a little to advanced to understand the build, so I decided to add some glue tabs and texturing.

After analyzing Michaels design I rebuilt it in Blender as a 3D model and made a concept render.

vaporator_concept.jpg

I then started to build a white prototype ...
DSC06757.jpg
And today finally made a first textured version ...
DSC06759.jpg
I found a couple of problems that I have to address but so far it looks OK. I want to add some layers with color variations and of course a dirt/weathering layer. The Lucas universe does not have much pristine stuff except for the empire :)

Chris

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Nice...add a few of these together and some shaped boxes and you have a dreadnaught!!;)

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
I think you can add a little more realism with doubling/raising the ornaments on it. Also on the originals you see some more greebly stuff esp on the bottom tube. You can go nuts :)

Anyway, I finished the dirty build.
DSC06813.jpg

... and made a quick diorama with Princess Leia being attacked by a Tusken raider and Java!!!
DSC06814.jpg

Now I just got to make the building instructions and it's done!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Looks great as it is, and could definitely be used in some kind of kitbashing project. Very very cool!!! :)

Reactions: Papierschnitzel

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Reactions: Papierschnitzel

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Wow! You really have quite a kit there. The weathering is excellent. I like the whole concept. This could make for quite a diorama!! :)