Star Wars First Order Atmospheric Assault Lander

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
Hi guys,

just in time for the festive season I was able to complete my latest Star Wars paper model. The AAL from episode VII!

AAL_web__promo_BW_800x450.jpg

Esp. the rear engine section was a challenge but even with simplifications I think it looks very interesting.
AALweb_BW_inst_backview.jpg
So if you are interested to build it yourself, you can download it from http://www.papierschnitzel.com/scratch-built-first-order-atmospheric-assault-lander/
AAL_web_terrain.jpg
Have a happy holiday and enjoy
Chris

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That is a really ice looking ship and great model! Great photography and build. Is this your own design?

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
Hi guys, thanks and you are all welcome :)

Sorry for the delay. I was away for a couple of days with the folks and am now recovering of "way-too-much-eating" sickness:jawdrop:

Yes, it is my design (the paper model part ... of course the rest is Lucasarts and Disney ;))

The landing ramp does not open yet. I have prepared the inner rib structure to support open landing door but I have yet to create the inside textures and the open door geometry. I was simply out of time before the holidays. I plan to do this sometime next year as an upgrade. The inner structure has markings on how to cut when you want the front interior. The landing door parts has a layer to only print the open frame. So you could do some scratchbuilding if you need it sooner.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Hi guys,

just in time for the festive season I was able to complete my latest Star Wars paper model. The AAL from episode VII!

View attachment 162414

Esp. the rear engine section was a challenge but even with simplifications I think it looks very interesting.
View attachment 162415
So if you are interested to build it yourself, you can download it from http://www.papierschnitzel.com/scratch-built-first-order-atmospheric-assault-lander/
View attachment 162416
Have a happy holiday and enjoy
Chris

As always your design are really top flight! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::Bravo::Bravo::Drinks::Drinks:thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup:King::King:Incredible! :King: Thanks for sharing!:Drinks:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
I am looking forward to seeing the upgrades and seeing how you integrate them into the model.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

The idea is to have interior textures for the side and upper wall. Then insert a floor and a back wall. According to references there is a wall and behind is the navigator and gunner position. That would all go into the existing geometry (including the ribs). The only "new" part would be some the open landing door and maybe some added geometry to the open door frame.

Not sure when I will be able to get to tackle this, but the path is clear :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
The idea is to have interior textures for the side and upper wall. Then insert a floor and a back wall. According to references there is a wall and behind is the navigator and gunner position. That would all go into the existing geometry (including the ribs). The only "new" part would be some the open landing door and maybe some added geometry to the open door frame.

Not sure when I will be able to get to tackle this, but the path is clear :)
It sounds like you do indeed have everything planned out well for it. Take your time. There is no rush. This hobby is all about having fun! :Drinks:

Reactions: Papierschnitzel