Staging yard advice.

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by SD90, Oct 25, 2003.

1. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Given the option of having a reverse loop staging yard, or a double ended staging yard, which one would you go with? I'm using DCC so the reverse loop isn't a problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike.
  2. davidmbedard

davidmbedard Member

Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....Reversing loop....
  3. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Hmm, maybe I should go with a Reversing loop.
  4. hemiadda2d

hemiadda2d Member

Where are you gonna put staging? I did double-ended, and a stub-end staging area.
  5. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I've already have the benchwork for the staging yards done, I just was thinking of changing it, but I'm not going to, it will be a 5 track reverse loop as before, I might get started on it tonight.
    I've attached a track plan that shows where it will be. The upper staging is exactly the same.

Mike

Attached Files:

• 32a.jpg
      32a.jpg
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
  6. SD90

SD90 Active Member

And here is the benchwork just waiting for track. I just have to find some!

Mike.

Attached Files:

7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

My preference would be the double ended staging Mike but as I think about it the reversing loop idea is good too as it will achieve the same results.
  8. rguyett

rguyett Member

looks like a very good layout to me and as far as your question i don't know anything about it so can't give an opinion
    thanks for the comments.
    You can get hooked on this in a big way it seems all we do now is plan to do things to the layout and talk trains I love it wish I got into it years ago
    very relaxing hobby
    again layout looks good
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hiya Mike, That plan look tremendous, some plan mate. I think because you are using DCC, it will be a relatively easy solution to reverse the locos.
    Shamus
    [​IMG]
  10. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Here is the reverse loop with track on it.

Attached Files:

• 131.jpg
      131.jpg
      File size:
      44.2 KB
      Views:
  11. SD90

SD90 Active Member

And here it is with the first train running on it. I still have to put the other 4 tracks in, but it works for right now. Thanks for your comments everyone!

Mike.

Attached Files:

• 132.jpg
      132.jpg
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views: