SR2 Normandy Design and Build - continued

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sjsquirrel, Jul 19, 2011.

1. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Looks pretty cool. A repaint of that would not be out of the question. I'd need a few more shots from different angles, and it won't happen right away, but I definitely like it enough to give it a go.

Steve
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Graphics are my week point, unless spray painting ("tagging?") counts!! I could probably build just about anything, but it would be very basic.

That being said, looking at what you're making seems like you're selling yourself short! :)
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Unfortunately, I really know nothing about the whole ME series.
    I can say though, this ship looks quite interesting and you are doing the Normandyjustice with this model.
    You truly are an AMAZING designer.
    I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
  4. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

I've got the game, I'll be happy to get a few screenies. While I can't design, I'm pretty decent with photo-shop and enjoy tidying textures\doing re-paints if you would like any help when you get to that point. Although I do prefer the yellow scheme myself :)
  5. F131

F131 Member

Nice to hear......especially since ME3 Cerberus is now EVIL:curse: (aka, the bad guys). Great work Steve. I will build her either version.

Attached Files:

6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

What is the ship pictured in that third picture? I can see some differences from the other two pictures.

And thanks for that first one with the ship length. Now I have a scale. Actually, while I'm thinking of it, is the Normandy from ME2 the same length as the one in ME3, and what is the length of the SR1? I recall someone mentioning that it was smaller than the SR2.

Thanks,

Steve
  7. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

That's a really good question... I can't seem to find any dimension info on the SR1 but if it helps the SR2 is stated to be exactly twice the size :) As for the 3rd pic again, I don't know. It's not from the game, maybe a fan-made model?
  8. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Hi Steve,

All those pics from F131 are close to the Normandy SR2 in Mass Effect 3, i have ripped out the texture & the mesh of the Normandy from ME3, They are exactly the same length of the Normandy SR2 in ME2.
    If you want the texture & mesh of the Normandy SR2 in ME3 just send me a PM to me & i can give you a copy of it, just let me know what format you want it.

As for the Normandy SR1 of the length are smaller then the SR2.
    Here are some pics if it helps.

Attached Files:

9. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Thanks Anthony, those images are perfect. Someday (and you know how someday goes) I'd like to redo the SR1 in scale with my SR2. I have a mesh of the SR1 that I'm sure was ripped from the game as well. The original one I did was a not-very-accurate mesh someone else made, but it sufficed at the time.

Thanks again,

Steve
  10. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Looks really great so far!
    Finally installed my N7 edition, and in the in-game journal it says that the Cerberus SR2 Normandy from Mass Effect 2 was appropriated by earth forces and just repainted. So it's suppose to be the exact same ship, complete with all the upgrades done in ME2, sans color scheme of course. Hope this info helps.

Well, I'm off to add some modifications like paintjob and weapons pod to my Kodiak shuttle... ;)
  11. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Excitement!

Well, it's been a long time, but subject to the usual oversights and corrections that will be required the 3D work is done. Well, except for mirroring the wing and engines over to the other side and fixing the textures that end up backwards, but that's pretty quick work.

Here's how she looks at the moment:

[​IMG]

And, if that's not enough excitement for you, Anthony344 sent me the textures for the Cereberus from ME3, and of course I had to try applying them to the model. Results below.

[​IMG]

Cheers

Steve
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Looks really good to me. Glad to know I'm not the only one that works by mirroring. :)
  13. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Steve they looks great , i forget to mention to you when i sent the texture & mesh to you for the Normandy SR2 in ME3 is the Alliance texture in the second pic , the first pic of the Normandy SR2 is the cerberus texture.

The texture mapping looks spot on in the second pic what i can see & count me in i also too do mirroring aswell in 3d.:mrgreen:
  14. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Looks brilliant Steve. I'm looking forward to building this one! Already have th kodiak :)
  15. F131

F131 Member

Excitement is barely contained!!!
  16. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Sorry, I'm not following that. Which pictures are you referring to, and are you saying that the texture in the render I posted is not the Cerberus but the Normandy from ME3?

And mirroring is in the only way to go. Cuts the work in half.

Steve
  17. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Mass effect 2: Cerberus built the Normandy with yellow accents, Mass effect 3: Alliance commandeered the Normandy and repainted it with blue accents.
  18. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Sorry steve if i got you confused with my gibberish writing. :mrgreen:
    The pic that i was referring too is the one below, that is the Alliance Normandy SR2 from ME3

19. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Thanks Jackrum for posting aswell about the Normandy.:thumb:
  20. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

Awsome work, I may have missed it, but what is the final size of the model?
    Looking forward to building it.