Speed Racer's Mach 5

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy Dean,

Well, there was talk of a Mach 5 model a few months back when I introduced Claudio Dias, the designer of the old batmobile model found at this site: http://www.paperian.com/webdude/guest.htm , to Russ Martin, a Dallas, Texas Radio DJ and Owner of not one but two of the fullsize Batmobiles and.......... a full size replica of the Mach 5.
However, I havent heard from either lately and dont know if the Mach 5 has or will be designed. But if Claudio Dias does design it, you can rest assured it will be a fantastic looking model.
I will try to get in touch with either or both of them and see what I can find out.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
HOwdy Webdude,

thanks for the update on Claudio. well if he has a new daughter then yeah, I can see where he may not have been to sleep in a while lol.
If you talk to him, please congratulate him on behalf of all of us here in the forum.

thanks again,

Greg aka gw

R

rickstef

this reminds me of the helicopter pilot flying in Seattle in the fog, and he asks directions from a Microsoft employee.

Essentially all correct answers to Dean's initial question, but nothing he can do anything with.

Dean,
http://udel.edu/~mm/anime/speed/toys/buildMach5.html

it is a simple Mach5, but for the time being, it just might help you out

Rick

Dean867

Sep 28, 2005
Thanks for the info and links all. It's surprising considering the popularity and longevity of the show that no quality models exist of Speed's car when I can easily find more obscure subjects, but then again that was the same for the Batmobile until recently. A licensing issue possibly. Off topic I find that Ertl makes a fantastic diecast 1/18 scale Mach 5 with all the nifty gadgets that apparently function like the "real" thing. It's a little pricey at about $30-$40 shopping around but it looks bang on.

ewashin1

Dec 9, 2005
Hi I'am new. But let me tell you something. I'm a paper model geek. This is great to find a tribe like us. Earl