Something new available!

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Those are cool looking flat car frames. What are the actual measurements? They might fit in very nicely on a Sn42 layout I'm designing. The price sure looks worth while to find out.

Greg Elems

Rusty Stumps

Greg, I don't have one of the cars with me to measure. I work in Cincinnati and live in Indianapolis commuting over at the beginning of the week and heading home on Friday. Mike Chambers designed the frame a.k.a. Casey Feedwater here on The Gauge.

I'll ask Mike for the dimensions and let you know. They might work real well for Sn42.

Walt

Rusty Stumps

Greg,

Here's the info I got from Mike on the car frames,

In actual inches: 1-15/64" W X 3-27/32" L X 9/32 H

In HO scale: 8' W X 27-3/4' L X 1-3/4' H

In S scale (approx.): 6-3/4' W X 20-3/4' L X 1-1/4' H

The bolsters were designed/sized for Kadee #501 HO archbar trucks. I can't say if anything else will fit.

The coupler pockets were designed for Kadee #58 or #5 HO couplers. Again, I can't say if anything else fits.

You might have to use shims on the trucks. Hope this helps.

Walt

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Walt,

Thanks for the measurements. Since it is a fictional RR and narrow gauge, I think it would be just fine. What I’m thinking is some sort of industrial setting to interchange with my standard gauge. A critter or D cell and a few flats for moving equipment around a factory. Maybe include a track next to a siding next to the standard gauge for trans-loading freight.

Greg Elems

Rusty Stumps

Originally posted by Greg Elems
Thanks Walt,

Is that the car Casey Feedwater posted a picture of while back? If so, it looked great.

Greg Elems

Yes Greg, if your reffering to the Rail and Tie car. That was one of my early test casting that he made up into a finished car. It looked real good.

The coupler pocked will take a Kadee #5, 58 or a EasyMate coupler and there may be others that will fit like, I think, an O gauge #3. Also, I did this as a two part mold so there is little if any parting line. The top has detailed wood grain just like the rest of the frame and they come with both Mike's initials and Rusty Stumps in the back of the coupler pockets. Sort as added value!:D

Walt