Some of My Stuff

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
Hey all you Logger Heads!!!,

I finally got a chance start downloading some photos of my projects. This Class B is an MDC shay bashed to On30 (project for a gentleman in New Jersey). Project time on this was approximately 6 months. Cab is scratchbuilt, lots of extra wood here and there, brass pilot (yes, there were shays with this style of pilots, Westside had one). Enjoy. I will post some more photos of this one later today.

Marc

Attachments

• gauge photo.jpg
    gauge photo.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 323

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thats a brilliant piece of workmanship converting the MDC HO into 0n30. I like that a lot.
Shamus

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
Shay

Here is another view of the shay. Next photos will be of a heisler and T-Boiler bash (Rivarossi and MDC to On30):D
All three (3) of these engines were bashed for an gentleman in New Jersey. He models early Colorado logging and ore railroad, however, needed some input on a name. The Argentine Crippled & Southern depicts, the Argentine Central, Cripple Creek and Colorado Southern.

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
Class "A" T-Boiler

HO MDC bash to On30, Class "A" T-Boiler Shay. Photos were taken before completion. Still had a few details to add such as the bell rope and also the cylinder covers.:eek:

Attachments

• gauge photo vi.jpg
    gauge photo vi.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 280

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
NMRA 1st Place (NCR) 10/10/03

This is a photo of my 1:20.3 scale water tank that place 1st in structures at the NCR NMRA convention this past October in Grand Rapaids, MI. It was also an honorable mention in the 2002 Finescale Water Tank Challenge. This puppy has over 500 hours of build/design time into it and 200 pieces of individually cut and distressed basswood. Based upon one of the water tanks for the Copper Canyon Lumber in Chemainus, British Columbia. I will be releasing this tank in kit form early next year in three scales; 1:20.3, 1/48, 1:87.:thumb:

Attachments

• gauge photo xi.jpg
    gauge photo xi.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 265

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
Railtruck

This is a photo of my logging truck filling the radiator at the water tank. This photo placed 2nd in April 2003 MyLargeScale photo contest. Also, the log truck placed 1st in the motive power at the NMRA convention. I'll have more photos of the log truck later in the month. Most of these large scale items will also be posted on the scratchbuilding and large scale sections of the Gauge. I am also scratchbuilding 5 New Mexico Logging Company log cars in 1:20.3. I'll pop these photos online tomorrow.
I hope I didn't put anyone to sleep with all the posts!:sleeping:

Ahhhhhh, the photo didn't come up.