Snow For Christmas!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
We went to bed last night at midnight with no snow on the ground, woke-up this morning with 4"! Now that might not seem like much to some of you but to use it's a minor Christmas miracle! In the past couple years I've been able to sneak my sports car out on Christmas day with no snow on the roads.
Now I gotta start working on the rotary snowplow conversion for my old dodge!

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Lucky you, Glen! :thumb:

Down here on the island, we are living up to our usual discription, known as the "Wet Coast" as the rain is currently thundering down through a low layer of fog.
Victoria has a 1 in 12 chance of a white Christmas while up here in Shawnigan Lake, it is more like a 1 in 7 chance.
They say that we might get a few flurries tomorrow however.
Hope your Christmas was a great one!
Cheers!

Terry

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
This night - the night AFTER Christmas! - we got a flurry of snow, just painting the landscape white. The streets are still black, however. Oh well, another 'White Christmas' missed! :(

Looking out of the window I see that it's already raining again. Sheessh!

Ron

Snow in New Orleans on Christmas Day

It last snowed here on Dec 23, 1989, previous to that it snowed in 1963 and 1964. Yesterday about 4 pm it started snowing and we had a light dusting all over the city. This rare white christmas happened only once before in the city's history, 50 years ago on christmas day 1954. This was a huge event here in our city, everything stopped. Hardly an automobile on the roads. It sleeted most of christmas eve night and all morning on christmas mixed with rain. Then suddenly the flakes started to float down to the ground and most every neighbor was out in the street or their front gallery catching snowflakes. However the prediction for today is hight of 55 and by mid week we will back to the 70's. :cool: It will be nice to see the snow again, in another 20 years. :wave:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I got maybe a dusting of snow on December 23 and then the tempature dropped below 0 and it couldn't snow anymore. It was to cold for it to snow. Sure wish we do get some snow here sometime soon. I also heard that it snowed down in texas. My cousin was saying about that and she was in her glory. Been about 10 years since she last saw snow.

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
Even here in TN we got 3-4in. of snow/sleet. It mostly came on Wednesday, but it stayed cold enough for us to have a White Christmas. Our neighbors to the north in KY, it was pure chaos w/ more than a foot of snow and even places 30 minutes north of us got 7-8 in.

guppyman

Dec 6, 2001
League City TX
www.railimages.com
Snow in Houston

Christmas Eve... Most of the day we'd get scattered flakes... At the time they were a big deal...

Around 3pm... right as we were going into church a major sleet storm started falling... Melted when it hit but it was beautiful to watch...

Around 7pm... Walked outside to see white powdery stuff covering all the cars in the driveway.... and it was still falling! Everybody poured out of the house for the first snowball fight we've had in the last 15+ years! It was great!

Around 10:30 or 11pm.... The great blizzard of 2004 was blowing... The grass actually got covered by snow! At one point, even the roads were covered under a few inches... Got my 6 year old out of bed to see how deep it was getting even... I played- made snowmen- ran around like a child... It was one of the greatest things to see on Christmas.... And it was still there after we woke up... One of the first white Christmas's I've ever seen!

Then it heated up and it all melted away by that afternoon :(

Oh well.... I loved it!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
As Will said, we have enough snow here to share. Last year someone was selling it on E-Bay. Nothing like a white Christmas though. I grew up in the Southern hemisphere and didn't experience a white Christmas until coming to Canada and I just love it.

White Christmas scandle

We rarely get snow, but what we always get is a good' ol Louisiana Hay Ride....now that all traces of the snow has melted away and the temp is up to 61, the officials were on TV pointing fingers as to what happened to the money for the snow plow that was never purchased for New Orleans....I can't even imagine who would budget for such a thing...thats like Billings, MT budgeting for Mardi Gras street cleaning, just in case! Thats our local flavor here...... :wave: