Simple Submarine From The Past

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Great work on the repaint. Looking forward to seeing you building thus sub.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
In case anyone is wondering, the arrows around some of the parts designate how the grain of the paper is supposed to run. There was a chapter at the beginning of the book that explained the types of materials, tools, construction techniques, grain orientation, etc. to be used to help build the models.
Since you feel that these notes are necessary for a successful build of this model, I would like to encourage you to include them with the instructions of your version. Yes, this is permissible.

goose814

Jul 10, 2021
Well, it's been a little slow going. I have updated a few of the parts on the templates like the propellers and guns to make them a bit more accurate and added some details to the conning tower.

I've been delayed somewhat with some technology issues. First, I decided to print the templates on cardstock so that I could start construction. However, my printer didn't like the heavy paper and it kept jamming every time. After a few days of trying different things, I managed to get it to print by inserting the cardstock into the manual feed slot instead of in the paper tray. Go figure?

Secondly, I have a pretty beefy computer running Windows 10 since it is used mostly for gaming, but for some reason, trying to view this website is near impossible on it. Using Microsoft Edge, no way. I can't even log in. It takes forever to load if it loads at all. I can use Firefox, but it usually takes about 10 minutes of refreshing and refreshing to get logged in and get to whatever page I want to go to. This is the only website that I have had this problem with and seems only on my home PC. So, usually I have to use the computers where I work to post anything. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing this.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get some X-ACTO blades this weekend so that I can start cutting and assembling. I'll try to post a photo of the updated template tomorrow.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I use Firefox exclusively. Edge is a joke, and a bad one at that. ;)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I like your subs, They would be a blast to play with. They'd make wonderful gifts for kids of all ages.

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Well, it's been a little slow going. I have updated a few of the parts on the templates like the propellers and guns to make them a bit more accurate and added some details to the conning tower.

I've been delayed somewhat with some technology issues. First, I decided to print the templates on cardstock so that I could start construction. However, my printer didn't like the heavy paper and it kept jamming every time. After a few days of trying different things, I managed to get it to print by inserting the cardstock into the manual feed slot instead of in the paper tray. Go figure?

Secondly, I have a pretty beefy computer running Windows 10 since it is used mostly for gaming, but for some reason, trying to view this website is near impossible on it. Using Microsoft Edge, no way. I can't even log in. It takes forever to load if it loads at all. I can use Firefox, but it usually takes about 10 minutes of refreshing and refreshing to get logged in and get to whatever page I want to go to. This is the only website that I have had this problem with and seems only on my home PC. So, usually I have to use the computers where I work to post anything. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing this.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get some X-ACTO blades this weekend so that I can start cutting and assembling. I'll try to post a photo of the updated template tomorrow.
How very strange, my HP laptop is running everything you mention there apart from Firefox, which I have not used for years and have completely no issues whatsoever...
I don't even like computers or know very much about them, but this laptop is miles better than the old steam-powered one I had.

• Love
Reactions: micahrogers