Signature pictures

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ralph said:
I believe that all you need to do is hit the edit signature button, type in the URL for your pic and place on either side of the URL.
Ralph[/QUOTE]Your pic has to be somewhere else on the internet to use the [img] with your signiture. Try putting it in the Gallery and reference it in you siggy. Just remember the rules, if you use a gif, it must be small (150 x 25 and 10K) and it should be train related.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Dick Elmore said:
:cry: Could you'all translate that into English please?

Dick
Texas Chief
Dick,

When you go to your "user CP" then go to "edit signiture" you get a composition window. You can put most anything you like there, one option is "insert image". If you click on the picture icon at the top of the window, you are asked to enter the URL of the link. That puts an tag outside that link to your picture. You cannot upload the image, you must link to it. You can add you picture to the Gallery, and then use that as the link.

Try it and if it's still not clear, let me know.

Hi Dick,
URL is just an internet address, like http://www.the-gauge.com/

(Uniform Resource Locator, I looked it up :D :D )
If you click on your name and "View Public Profile" on the left of your above post,
you will bring up a new screen with your info in it. At the upper left you will see
"User CP". Click on this to got to your User Control Panel.

The image tag is the characters in your reply. The URL contained between
[img] and is the address of the picture you are linking to.

I think that's right. Some of this stuff you don't really need to know, like
the image tage, which is inserted automatically for you. The way to get
more familiar with this stuff is to just click on things and see what you get.
You're highly unlikely to break anything using a web browser. (do you have
anti-virus and anti-spyware programs installed?)(sorry to bring it up, but it
sounds like you may not)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Dick Elmore said:
Thanks Don, I appreciate the reply. However, I'm still confused. I'm pretty much
computer illiterate. What is: User CP ?
URL ?
tag ?

Thanks again.

Dick
Texas Chief[/QUOTE]Dick,

Just to add to what Cid said, if you go to the top of any screen here, you will see "User CP" on the very left of the header, just under the Gauge logo. When you are either composing a message or changing your signature, you have a row of icons at the top of the composition window. One of them is a picture icon. If you click on it, you get another window, and there is where you add the information that Cid talks about. And as he says, the [img] tag is done automatically for you that way. You could add it manually, but this way you don't have to.