Shortline Mystique

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by railohio, Sep 29, 2002.

1. railohio

railohio Active Member

Maumee & Western #3 hauls a short train into Defiance, Ohio on September 12, 2002. The train, headed west, is about to duck under the St. Rt. 66 overpass (on which I'm standing), make a big curve to the south, cross the Maumee River on a through truss bridge, and continue along an elevated RoW about a half mile into the MAW yard downtown.

Nikon N80, 75-240mm f/4.5-5.6 AF-D Zoom-Nikkor, Fuji Provia 100.

Attached Files:

2. WM-N-fan

WM-N-fan Member

How many cars is in the train, and what kinds are they? I looks like there is 1 boxcar, but I can't see any more.
  3. railohio

railohio Active Member

There were four boxcars...

Attached Files:

4. WM-N-fan

WM-N-fan Member

That would be a good railroad to model.... All you need are about 10 cars (in a small yard) and an old ex-BN loco. Brian, do you know where the boxcars were headed? Because I am seriously considering to model that railroad. Maybe I need to pay a visit to good ol Ohio!
  5. railohio

railohio Active Member

I can see the cars sitting at the industry in my mind (they came from my hometown), but I can't think of the name of the industry. I have a bunch of photos of the line. If you're interested I could send 'em your way.
  6. WM-N-fan

WM-N-fan Member

Ok, thanks....

If and when you have a few extra minutes, send them to redsin5gd@hotmail.com

Thanks!
  7. railohio

railohio Active Member

Cool, I'll work on scanning them this weekend.

Using a bit of modeler's license, they could readily serve three grain elevators, scrap dealer, landscaping retailer, three plastics manufacturers, two cold storage warehouses, a lumber yard, and a fiberglass manufacuring plant.
  8. WM-N-fan

WM-N-fan Member

By looking at mapquest, it appears there are 2 rivers not far from there. Is that true? And if so what kind of bridge?
  9. railohio

railohio Active Member

It's at the north end of the yard, a three or four span through truss.