Sedona's teal arches

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Here's just a few more pictures of things we saw around Sedona. We went to the Chaple of the Holy Cross. The shot inside is my wife offering up a prayer. The red rocks seem to change as the sun and you move around, outstanding formations. The last shot was taken in Oak Creen Canyon just north of Sedona. I'll explain the teal arches in a bit.

Attachments

• chapel west1.jpg
    chapel west1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Chapel inside.jpg
    Chapel inside.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Sedona red rocks.jpg
    Sedona red rocks.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Sedona red rocks1.jpg
    Sedona red rocks1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Oak Creek.jpg
    Oak Creek.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 22

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ok,, the teal arch thing is a result of a battle that McDonald's had lost. [font=&quot]I guess golden arches were offensive to the city fathers, and teal seems to go well with the scenery. Commercial buildings and signage in Sedona are designed to blend in with their surroundings making them difficult to find, and fast-food restaurants are not exempt from this. McDonald's had no choice but to give in if they wanted to build in Sedona. I could not see where McDonald's was written anywhere either.
[/font]

Attachments

• Teal arches.jpg
    Teal arches.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Teal arches 2.jpg
    Teal arches 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 26

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Matthyro said:
That sure is a beautiful church. It could be fun to model.
Yeah, but they wouldn't let me climb up on it to take a few measurements so I could get it to scale.:rolleyes::rolleyes: We have always loved the beauty of that church, sitting proud on that hill and it could be seen for miles from the highway. Unfortunately, it is now surrounded at the base by many houses, with one mega-house is under construction right at it's base and we missed it the first time we drove by it on the highway with all the build-up on the side of the road that wasn't there the last time we were up that way.:cry::cry:.

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
Don, great picture of the exterior of the church. Somewhere around here I have the same photo that was taken back in the mid 70's. I had forgotten about it until I saw this. Thank you for the trip down memory lane.

JD