Season's Greetings

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the Gaugers out there - you make this the best forum around! I'll be out of reach of a computer for about a week (in the wilds of Nebraska) and will sorely miss you all.
Bill K

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
There are lots of neat trains in Nebraska, from the UPRR yards in Omaha where I worked in trying to get through college to a narrow gauge that was still operating a few years ago that runs from Chadron up into the Black Hills of South Dakota. It is primarily a grain hauler, but it was interesting to see a narrow gauge F-7 pulling a consist of grain cars through the Nebraska sand hills. I actually saw it standing as cars were being filled at the grain elevator in Rushville, NE.

Bob

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Shamus;

We have friends from here in Missouri who couldn't pass up the good prices so are "vacationing" in London this week. Wonder if they woke up to the same scene as you show here? We are having just light snow flurries at this time with nothing much more predicted.

Happy New Year to All

Bob

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Is that Woodland Scenics snow or another brand? :)

They've been predicting ice and snow here for tomorrow (the 1st) on and off for about a week. It's nice that we're finally getting some winter weather. As warm as it's been lately, we were wondering if we'd get below 45 this year!

-Rory

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Two days ago, we got what looks to be about half of what you've got there, Shamus. The sun came out yesterday, & most of it's gone, but even with the sun shining, it hasn't managed to get above 24F! Right now, it's a blazing 16 degrees out there!:(
Good day to stay in by the fire!
Happy New Year everyone!
Don't drink too much, watch your language, & BE SAFE!!