scratch building blast furnace

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by bigsteel, Apr 7, 2007.

1. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

hey yall,i mentioned in trucklovers n scale blast furnace thread that i was to be building the blast furnace for my future layout.i kinda know what I'm doing :rolleyes: but any help or ideas along the way would be great.today ill bring back supplies and get started with the basic furnace body itself.here are the blueprints for it.alot of the detail didn't come out but it is all therethe worst part wil be building that HUGE scafolding around the furnace,that will really test my skills.talk to yall later.--josh :wave:

[​IMG]
  2. bigsteel

this is the site im using for alot of the constuction.grant it mine is completly different but it has the same concept.if anyone else wants to SB a blast furnace,and have a good start with a walthers BF this site is perfect
    //http://www.trainweb.org/ironbelt/bf2/
  3. Justin

Justin Member

Thats looks like a fun project! Bet its gonna be hard too! Good luck1 Do tell when you start on it.
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

That will be a challenge but you do great work! Looking forward to seeing progress. I made a sort of impression of a steel mill furnace myself because the more accurate work looked to daunting to me! :)
    Ralph
  5. bigsteel

thanks guys,i planned on getting supplies and starting tonight.but with all this easter schmidt and "honey-do's" got in the way,so i just ordered some stuff like railings,i beams,ladders,etc.so ill hopefully start tomorrow with the furnace body.--josh
  6. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

The "Easter schmidt", you'll have to take up with God, the "honey-do's", you'll have to take up with "his" boss. :D :D :D
  7. bigsteel

the sad part about this ,is that im more afraid of "the boss"!!sign1 sign1 sign1
  8. bigsteel

hey guys,sorry im sooooo late starting this.but i figured ill build it first and show it then show how i did it since i've never built anything this complicated.(i dont wanna make myself look de-de-de LOL).so,ittl be done soon.....i hope.--josh
  9. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Alright, SWEET, can't wait for some pics!!!!

Hey, by the time you start posting pics, I will probly be posting pics of the progress on the 2 Rolling Mills for my Steel Mill. They will go along well together lol
  10. bigsteel

hey,if enough people start building steel mill stuff,it can be our next photo contest!--josh
  11. TruckLover

dang, that would be keeel

Don is supposed to start a new contest today!! sign1
  12. bigsteel

hmmmm,i wonder if we can persuade him to start an industrial photo contest--josh
  13. TruckLover

That would be interesting lol
  14. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

After June first (when this current competition ends!), I'd be VERY interested in that, though mine doesn't compair to the steel mill.
  15. bigsteel

it dont matter,its all in the hands of the gauge.besides my mill aint even close to trucklovers!hes got the whole dang thing there!--josh