Sam & Max's Desoto

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by RonaldoM, Mar 6, 2016.

1. RonaldoM

RonaldoM Designer Extroadinaire

this was a request from my son. I was not too familiar with models of cartoons, but I liked the idea of this model, but I thought it was interesting challenge. I am still doing the project and some parts still need to be developed, but I believe I see a "light at the end of the tunnel" for this project.
    I'll place it here whenever there is progress.

This images i got in the web.

Attached Files:

2. RonaldoM

previously I prepared a prototype with only the main parts of the body
    to allow testing the parts develop on it

Attached Files:

zathros and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  3. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

I absolutely loved Sam & Max hit the road, brilliant game in the LucasArts glory days! I'll be watching this with great interest!
  4. RonaldoM

Thank Cybergrinder.
    This is not a difficult model to ride (to develop it of course).
    I decided not to spend much time with very fine detail, because I intend to make a finish with mass in some parts.

Attached Files:

5. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Ronaldo, your ability to form paper into shapes I thought otherwise impossible amazes, PLEASE post bigger pictures. This car is a classic!!
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  6. RonaldoM

I was just trying to save space with smaller photos. I will try to put larger images.
    This model portrays a cartoon, but it can be a basis for a miniature of the real model.

After the installation of flaps to secure narrow parts with little bonding area, but that will resist a tension, I'd rather make a "welding" with EVA glue on the inner parts. This will be as strong as the old cars :)

Attached Files:

7. RonaldoM

In the last update I got to the bumper. It is not a finished part, because I intend to finish it with a mass.

Attached Files:

8. RonaldoM

Finally I had a little time and attacked again this assembly.
    The same way to the rear bumper as the front. I hope that does not make it too complicated for anyone who to venture into this model

Attached Files:

9. RonaldoM

It has plenty of things to put in this model. I made some modifications to the windshield in the final design, but used the original in this assembly. The first final assembly always serves to improve something.

Attached Files:

10. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

This looks REALLY GOOD!!!
  11. zathros

That rear bumper needs some work, yet, I am still amazed how you can pull such shapes out of paper. I know you will get there. Let me know when you get you site back to where you want it. We would like support you. I had to take the link out, as when you clicked on the links for the "Free" models, there was a redirect asking for an email address, and even upon giving that, no model was forthcoming. It stated "Insufficient Privileges", and that was on every model listed as free. When you have it ironed out, then it can be put back up.

f this is going to be a "Pay For" model, that is fine, as you are doing a detailed/ build/design thread, you may post at the end of the thread, where it can be purchased. :)
  12. RonaldoM

This Desoto is free and the first tutorial wil be the posting that a have done. Later i'll improve a better tutorial. This is only due of time (or the lack of the time). The site works well to me and peoples who gettint it from here. Is it possible that your link is redirecting you to a fake one ?
    I'll make some tests this week about the site.
    zathros likes this.
  13. zathros

What happens when I click on a "Free Model", I get a redirect.

I have a screen grab of your website below. When I click on the "Kombi 1.4 Flex Bus", I get the next page, (I had to cross out my private information. This happens on every link I click on your website. I have Norton full security and I build computers, it is not a problem on my end. The fact that it ends up in Portuguese proves this.

Your Site:

RonM-1.jpg

Then the re-direct to Google. (probably where your problem is), I had to remove my address for privacy, I follow through, as this is an account I use for testing, and sign in:
    EmailRequest1.jpg
    Then I get the following Page after signing in to Google, there is a redirect on your free model downloads, asking you to sign in with Google, even signing in with Google, you then the Permissao necessaria. Quer entrar? Peca acesso ao proprietario ou acesse com uma conta que tenha permisao.
    (Kind of obnoxious, seeing how I did all the steps) This is costing you a lot of website traffic loss! Again, I had to remove my private data, I'm just trying to help you find the problem. :) :

Redirect Insuff.jpg
  14. RonaldoM

The problem is the configuration in the host hwere the files were storaged. It's for OK now, but i need to put the new links
    zathros likes this.
  15. zathros

That's fine, I just wanted to show you what I was experiencing. Thanks for responding. I love this car, by the way. :)
  16. RonaldoM

An electric wire for the steering wheels. Some small pair of work objects that appear inside the car. They do not look very good under the Leica lens, but they fulfill the function of being faithful cartoon

Attached Files:

zathros and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  17. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

I like how this is coming together!
  18. zathros

This picture says it all, the detail is stunning!! :)

[​IMG]
    Rhaven Blaack and Cybergrinder like this.
  19. RonaldoM

Thank Zatheros! I finished some details in front, placing the bars. I used spray paint to complete the finish, but still lack the headlights

Attached Files:

20. zathros

That is so cool looking!! ;)