Request for assistance

Night Train RPh

Oct 30, 2006
:wave: A very kind gentleman from our town recently dismantled his HO layout and donated it to the town library for the general public to enjoy. Volunteers at the library see this as an opportunity to create some public interest and draw people in- especially for the holiday season. They would very much like to set up the lay out inside the library but unfortunately have no one on their staff who knows how to do it. They are currently seeking someone who might be able to take the lead in getting the project started and giving them direction on how to procede. I told them I am very willing to help work on the project, but I am a toy train collector/operator and have very limited experience and knowlege with HO trains.

I see this not only as an chance to do something nice for other people that will be enjoyed by hundreds of folks; but also a great opportunity to introduce people of all ages to the model railroading hobby!

The library is located in Franklin, Massachusetts. If you think you would be interested in helping or would like more information, please contact Mrs. Barry with the "Friends of Franklin Library" at:
betsybarry@verizon.net

Thank you!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Night Train,

Did you find anyone yet?

MIght be worth a trip to www.nmra.org to see if you can locate a club (or even a shop) in your area who might be able to hook you up with some volunteers to take care of this layout.

Sounds like a great opportunity!

Good luck.

Andrew