Reckless & Veiled Update

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by rockislandmike, Sep 17, 2002.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Got the familial digital camera back again . . . . . sorry there's so many, but I liked so many of these pics . . . . .

(1) Santa Fe GP30 #1236 leads a mixed freight through Dodge City, passing behind a burned out Rock Island hopper hulk. This GP30 is lightly weathered.

[​IMG]

(2) Led by a pair of EMD GP38-2's, "The American Railfan" and "Navaho Nation", I like to call this picture "Big Blue Consist" - enough said.

[​IMG]

(3) Dodge City will eventually be a hub of activity; there's room behind ROCK #4794 (a newly retooled Athearn SD40-2, see below) for a small switching yard, as well as an interchange track b/w Rock Island, Santa Fe, and the Brownstone & Paradise.

[​IMG]

(4) Munsey & Sons is a farm implement dealership; here a flat car is sidled up to a ramp. ROCK #947 is in the background, just coming off the Doans Yard turntable.

[​IMG]

(5) The unit I've been waiting for, just arrived today from Hobby Circle (32 days after order was placed) - an Athearn SD40-2, ROCK #4794 is a retooled with the plastic handrails and beautiful new coupler pocket which accepts #5 kadees.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(6) A closeup of ROCK #947, an EMD SW1500. In the background the Santa Fe train continues to move through Dodge City, hauling chlorine tankcars from Hooker Chemicals.

[​IMG]

(7) Up at Kentucky Joe Junction just east of Enid OK, the "Big Blue Consist" is heading towards Wichita, while ROCK #4794 awaits its turn.

[​IMG]

(8) Finally, a custom-decaled plastic pellet hopper, lettered for TELENETRESEARCH, a fictional plastic pellet producer named after a company my father and I are involved with.

[​IMG]
  2. NYCentral

NYCentral Member

Mike,
    Very Nice!! You have some great Loco's and rolling Stock!! Please keep updating us with photo's:cool:
  3. farmer ron

farmer ron Member

Looking Good Mike, keep the pics comming. Ron