Real Estate for lease. Suggestions?

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I have some prime real estate on the west end of Calgary, and I'm looking for suggestions on what to put on it. I've attached 3 pictures of the area, and the dimensions are approx. 800'x 320'(5'x2' in real measurements)
I was originally thinking of a diesel facility, or car repair shop, but I'm looking for more ideas! There is going to be 1 or 2 big grain elevators in the general area already, so I can't put another one of them here.

Attachments

• 80.jpg
    80.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 161

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Intermodal would be a great feature on a layout like yours, SD.
How about a refinery?
Some type of quarry?
Some type of mine?
Wharehouses?
Steel mill?
Paper mill?
Auto plant?
I don't know that much about the geography, or resources of the area you're modeling, so I'm kinda shootin' in the dark...
That's a huge area for N scale industry!:cool: That's bigger than my whole layout!:eek: :D
Good luck! :)

hemiadda2d

Jun 15, 2003
Cheyenne, WY
www.railimages.com
I know! I know!!
Lease some space to the BN for an interchange! They actually DID enter Canada... IIRC, they had lines to Vancouver, BC., Winnipeg via trackage rights, and other shorter lines. It is a stretch, but you could augment that sea of Action Red with a bit of Cascade Green!:p :cool: Lots of Geeps would show up on those lines hauling forest products, among other things.