Railroads Down !!!

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Well I had to take the layout down last week. We got home from a short, quick trip and the wife bought a 72 gal salt water fish tank and it had to go into the trainroom area. It fit fine with the existing 6 x 10 island type. It has been a while since she worked with a salt water fish tank of this size and we ended up with a few water spills, and one major one. Thank goodness it was on the concrete floor in the train room. Now she begins to think, we have a 180 gal salt water tank in the living room sitting on the carpet that is just being plumbed, no water as yet. If we have a few spills etc in the living room on the carpet and wood floor, salt water to boot, we can see the high potential for some expensive damage. Soooo it must be moved and the only place available is on the concrete floor in the train room. Well you guessed it, lots of re aranging and moving of layout parts but it just would not work, so down it came ( sniff sniff !! It was comming along so well and I was happy with it, oh well better this than expensive carpet and floor replacement.
Now I will have to design one that goes around the room, all buildings, track, switches etc were all saved so here we go again. One of the corner modules 5 ft wide on each leg of the corner is going to be made into a interchange section. The one to its right can be 6 ft long, before it gets to the patio door where there will be a bridge, is going to be a warf scene. On the left of the corner one I will have a short piece of about 2 ft long then have room to put a 5 x 5 ft loop, this is where I would like to put a saw mill area. Any one have any suggestion, Off of this loop I have just enough room to go past behind the fish tank and have about six feet to put a log loading area or this may go on the other side of the patio door, I have six feet there. Right now am concentrating on the corner interchange section and the warf scene.
Am starting holidays next week and the wife ensured me that since I had to take the layout down I will have some time to start on the new one.
Again any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening Ron...

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
That's great idea, thanks Mike, I am working over the next few days so in the evening will try draft something up and see if I can scan it and post it. Yes thinking positive, new and improved !!
Thanks Ron..

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Hi Ron...Sorry about your layout, but use it as an opportunity to try new ideas and improve on the good skills you have. I'm thinking like Mike, and a visual would be good for us all to peek at as well..
Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Matt--Hershey, Pa.