Railfanning saves life, no film at 11...

Zug

Sep 16, 2003
www.zugdcc.com
Ever happen to be in the right place at the right time? Usually stuff just goes wrong for me, but today a was going to Purlator to ship some returns for my mother, just as I parked my truck I heard a rumbling.

So I looked and seen a CP SD90 & SD40-2 (I think) pair coming down the CP main line, I'd never seen a train when I've gone there before, til then I didn't even realize the track was right there. So I stopped for about 3 minutes and watched it go by, as I was coming out another CP SD-2 was parking some boxcars for loading on a spur by a paper factory, so I watch that for a couple minutes.

So I drive off and headed to walmart, as I got to the a big intersect on the way, I had to stop for fire trucks and ambulances, as there was a 3 car crunch that'd happened a few minutes before...

If I had stopped to watched the trains, it might have been me in there....

I've had stuff like this happen to me before. A delay of some sort, or changed plans that kept me out of something bad that happened where I would have been if I'd not been delayed...

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Zug asks:Ever happen to be in the right place at the right time?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had my fair share of close calls and very close misses.Seems that God has smile on me more then then a few times over my life time..

Zug

Sep 16, 2003
www.zugdcc.com
One of the times I remember most was about 15 to 20 years ago, I'd planned to go on a shopping trip to a big mall in Detroit (Southfeild) with my father on a Sunday, well the plans got changed and we went on the Saturday before instead.

For some reason I happened to look at my watch at 12:45 pm just outside the Husdons store.
Sunday evening I was watching the Detroit news on TV, at 12:45PM on Sunday there was a shooting in that mall, just outside the Hudsons.

Now that's something that sticks in you mind!