quick look # 76: Bandai PG W-Gundam Zero Custom

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010

This is Bandai PG W-Gundam Zero Custom, didn't think I never thought I will add this model to my PG collection but when a member of Gundam forum offered his start kit at a low low price, I thought it will be a crime if I pass it.
The model came with cast metal parts for legs, hip, and abdomen as a counterbalance(?) for the wings, But I think I would be much better if Banai would make them out of plastic with a boatload of details like other PF frames. As is now, there is nothing to look at. And I hope the rubber waist don't crack later in time, too. As design goes compared with other PG I built, this PG is a design failure. But it does look nice when it all put together.
I also use this PG as a testbed for the 'Experts-Choice Decal' ink jet clear film sheets. I referenced the W-Gundam decal images I find online and made my own with photoshop, came out really nice I have to say, went a little decal happy too. Next time I would scale down some of the 'warning' markings tho, even for PG they are a little too big. The 'Experts-Choice Decal' clear film works great. I did cover the printing with two coats of 'Krylon Workable Matte Fixatif' I got from art and crafts store. It protects the printing really well, no bleed or cracks. I also tried 'Mr.Super Clear' glass too, it didn't turn out well. When I tried to lay the decal down with a q-tips, it rubs off the ink and applies decal setting solution will totally destroy the printing. 'Krylon' workable fixative works just great with decal setting solution, I am very happy with it. Just too bad the decal only look good on the white surface, it will not show up at on on the dark blue area.

Thank you very much for watching!
Do check out my other videos.
Please remember to click "like" on Youtube if you like it, comments and feedback are most welcome.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Pretty cool!! Where the heck do you keep all this stuff. My wife would kill me!! :)

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
I put them everywhere in the house but mostly in my toys room and some in my computer/office/modeling room. My wife build special shelf for me to store my toys in the garage too. I admitted tho, my collection is getting too big.