question

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
This can go here or in tech questions. I got a LL N gauge BL2 back just before Christmas that never ran good. I'm normally HO, so N gauge snows me. I finally figured out that one truck does not mesh with the worm gear on either end. The other truck will work good on both ends so it must be the truck assembly. I called Walthers (LL), but people there don't talk, just robots. Does anyone have a part number, or any other suggestions? When I have it tipped up and power up, if I press a bit on the truck assembly, it will run. ?????HELP

Lynn :curse: :cry: :cry:

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Yep. I have an n scale LL SW1200. Need to make sure that the copper leads on the body unit and trucks are in constant contact with each other. May need to pry the body leads up a little with a small screwdriver. Also, make sure all copper leads are clean. Good Luck

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
I checked those tabs, and there is no flash. I set the trucks side by side and the troublesome one seems to have a micro-micro difference in the top gear. Just enough smaller that it doesn't mesh with the worm gear unless it is pushed tight. If I call Walthers, I'd like to have the part number. That is why I'm looking for someone that has a parts breakdown of that type.

Thanks for the hints
Lynn