question abput fascia panels.....

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
hello guys, im going today to get my 1/8" masonite board for my backdrops, and my fascia panels. im gonna have my backdrop boards cut at home depot 2' x8'. is 2' tall enough? also, is it best to wait to cut the fascia panels until i figure out my scenery? any information is gladly welcome. thanks!:wave:

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Hi Steve,

Sure, you can go ahead and build your back drops. On the yard side it would be ok to make them 24" from the deck, but on the side where you plan to put mountains, you should cheat the 24" boards up a bit and leave a space between the back drop and the deck. Say, 8" to 12" off the deck. This will give you more sky behind your mountains, and, you don't really need a back drop behind/inside the mountains.

That's what I would do anyway.

TrainClown ;)

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
The backdrop should go up higher than the tallest visitor. But everything depends on the space you have.
Front panel should not be cut to shape until you decide on the scenery shape. You could put a low fence in, just to keep stuff on the layout, but it'll be irritating to work over.

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
thanks guys, for the info. i will wait til i decide on scenery before cutting the fascia panels, as for the backdrops, im currently working on them. only problem im haveing is knowing how much i can bend 1/8" masonite before it snaps. anyone have any ideas? thanks!:wave: