PzKpwf II Luchs 1:25 Wak

Status
Not open for further replies.

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
I use pigments from MIG and Tamiyas weathering sets for coloring.
I have first mixed natural rust and panzer gray pigments with 96% alcohol to make a colorsoup that wont wrinkle the paper in the same way it had done if I mixed with water.It dries very fast and the colors sets pretty good.On top of the rusty color I have put some gunmetal/polished steel color from thw weathering sets also mixed with alcohol. I have some access to rectified alcohol so I just grab the nearest thing :)
I have also thinned the pigments with white spirit with the same result.
On the edges and here and there on the tracks I put some dark mud pigments.
And on top of it all when finished I will brush with "desert sand" pigment.
I dont seal anything with matte spray....I just leave it as it is.
I think that if spray is applied to the tracks they might become very stiff and not easy to move when the varnish have sealed the tiny gaps between the links.

lriera

Aug 28, 2007
Barcelona - Spain
I agree. In my modest oppinion Johnny, your models always deserve a place at the PotW. :thumb:
And as usuall on the way following your thread I have learned a lot of tips and tricks which I will try to use in my models.
Thank you.

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
A peaceful moment...

Since I didn't bring my tools with me at work today I did some work on the small diorama for the Luchs.
This is roughly how it's going to end up when it's done.

I will call the scene a peaceful vacation from the battles....

Someone has it comfy!

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Hello guys!!

Now I have reached the final stage for the Luchs.All details are in place.All wheels are done.Only one side of tracks left.

And yes I know I'm slow at this time of year......

KCStephens

Sep 18, 2007
York, PA
Beautiful build, Your attention to the little details is remarkable. I especially like the wires leading from the lights and all of those tiny nuts....outstanding!

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
The men are the racing team in 1:25 scale from Tamiya :)
I bought a lot of sets when I found them!
Figures in 1:25 are really hard to find,so this set from tamiya is just great!

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
The Luchs is finished!!

so there was the day I finished the Luchs!!

This is a nearly 100% kit from WAK.I don't think I had to trim a single part to get it to fit.So my hats off to the constructor!!

I have had a great time building this one and making the small desert scene.
It's taking it's time,but I'm not in a rush to get my models done :)
So here comes the pics of the finished model.I have called the scene "Timeout" where the crew relaxing and doing some maintenance on the tank between the desert battles against the british troops.I have also but some humour into the scene if you look closely....

cdcoyle

Nov 21, 2005
Once again, excellent work, Johnny! Your models always display a high degree of craftsmanship. I will be following your build of the feldhaubitzer.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.