Pre Dreadnought Models

paperboy

Feb 16, 2005
South Carolina
predreadnought models

Hi Wiseman

Jsc makes a model of the Wien and Radetsky, both are Austrian pre dreads. GPM makes a Japanese battleship. Golden bear has made a French lt cruiser and a British pre dred Battleship. The Russian company Orel has Pobieda, a sister to Romans(Digital Navy) Oslabyaas well as the Retvisan, which was built in the U.S. for Russiaa. There are several versions of Apraksin which was a predred coastal battleship. And Maty Modelarz has other ships, most notably Potemkin. Theres alot to choose from. I'm working to convert Promodels Apraksin coastal BB to its look as the HIJNS Okinoshima which served in the Japanese Navy during WWI after being captures from the Russians during the Russo-Japanese War.

Hope this helps

The Paperboy

Renaud

Feb 12, 2004
Lille, northern France
" Goldenbear " recently issued the French battleship Iéna, whose builsing report is currently online on www.kartonist.de. Apart from these, the RN Victoria is available, as well as the French cruiser Lavoisier, in two colour schemes. All of them may be ordered as downloads from Gremir models or directly from the designer himself.

c wiseman

Aug 31, 2007
Missouri, USA
Paperboy and Renaud, thanks for the information. I don't know why this era of ships is so under modelled. I think they have beautiful lines and make stunning models.

Thanks

chris

Emanuele

Jan 1, 2010
Just to be a little nationalist,

Modelik produce the RN Duilio, one of the most advanced battleship of the period (1880's).

xrysaetos

Mar 2, 2010
There are quite a few commercial models out there, especially of the Russian and Japanese fleets.