PowerPlants, Saw Mills, and Harbors

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
I want to put a Coal powerplant, a saw mill and a harbor. I am making all this in a modern day setting. I can find older looking saw mills but not any newer ones. I have no clue about the power plant nd the habor will be unloading the big 30 to 60 ft containers. I have already got a big dockside crane. Can any one help me?

CharlesH.

Jul 31, 2004
my house
If I'm not mistaken, Walthers makes all of that stuff. I think they can be easily modernized by adding a few details, modern signage, etc.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
For a modern coal powerplant, try Walthers Cornerstone "Tri-State Power Authority" kit. For the sawmill, "Mountain Lumber Company Sawmill" would fill the bill--modern lumber companies still look like that!

I can see the coal powerplant and modern harbor going together if one is modeling an eastern or Great Lakes port city, but the sawmill seems like it would be kind of a stretch--I assume that the sawmill will be on a distant part of the layout?

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
Thanks for the help, im not going really for one particular region. Im just making it in different ways. The harbor is not really going to be a coastal harbor, more like a small river harbor maybe.